15 ans à aider les entreprises luxembourgeoises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

En savoir plus sur SIMUL8

Un logiciel de simulation puissant et intuitif que tout le monde peut utiliser pour obtenir des résultats rapides. Améliorez les processus, augmentez l'efficacité et réduisez les coûts.

En savoir plus sur SIMUL8

Being visual means customers will clearly see what the model is doing and will be able to interact with the modeller to improve the model and make it more adequate for the needs of the customer.

Hard to record videos of a simulation run. I used a third-party program.).

SIMUL8 - Notes

4,9

SIMUL8 a reçu une note globale de 4,6 étoiles sur 5 d'après 121 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé SIMUL8 ?

Kristina
Kristina
Industrial Engineer II (É.-U.)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 1.001–5.000 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Ease of use and WONDERFUL customer experience

Commentaires : 10/10 - I would purchase again. I also took the training with customer service rep and that unlocked my use of the tool more than if I were to just buy and use without going.Both the reps are the two employees I interface with most and I can't say enough positive things about my experience as a customer and user. They already had the sale, they didn't need to keep helping me but I feel their attitude is for the product to truly help my decision making.

Product is easy to use but the absolute BEST feature is the support. I can shoot an email with a question and get a very helpful response in under a day or, even better, I have emailed them my file and had support respond with where my error was. I wish I could give them 6/5 stars in this category.

In today's world we are spoiled with things like the iPhone "just working" and there are a few features that require some extra clicks when trying to make changes. Also could have more "flashy" charts/features but I just export the data to excel when needed to make these.

Shayan
Process Engineer (É.-U.)
Textile, 1.001–5.000 employés

The best software to simulate discrete manufacturing processes simulation

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I have a positive experience with Simul8. My final thoughts are:-If you are an engineer in a corporation and want to simulate discrete processes I absolutely recommend using simul8 over any other product in the market-If you are a freelancer or a simulation firm working for clients, this may not be the best choice for you. Either go for Anylogic, Simio, or Flexsim since they give you 3D capabilities

I have used Arena, Anylogic, and Simio prior to moving to simul8. I believe simul8 is the best option for 90% of users if you want to simulate discrete event processes. The main advantages of simul8 are:1) Extremely easy and intuitive2) Online trainings are helpful and set you up for success. You don't really need to google for majority of your needs3) Very affordable compare to other software that are usually +$20k per user. Simul8 costs only $5k / user Most importantly, based on my past experience you don't need a 3d simulation in your projects to communicate with stakeholders since they don't care about how beautiful your simulation is. Usually they don't even care how it looks!They only want results and recommendations. They know their processes very well and simulation is just a tool to help them make better decisions. So save your many and don't purchase an expensive software because they provide 3d visuals. Simul8 is the only tool you need if you are about to do discrete event simulation.

Simul8 has weakness in two areas:1) Charts are very old school. They remind you of Window 98. They are good enough for yourself, but if you want to have them in your presentation I recommend exporting the data and using excel.2) All features are somewhere in properties and tabs. You need take your time to learn where they are and this takes time if you are simulating complex processes

Claudio
Engineer (Italie)
Recherche, 1.001–5.000 employés

Relevant for the simulation of complex manufacturing systems

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

It has a very fast learning curve. That is why it is possible from the outset to model first elementary systems and deepen one's skills over time.

At present, I see few difficulties for my purposes. I would increase its functionality in warehouse processes (picking, stocking, etc.).

Iris
Analyst (R.-U.)
Administration publique, 5.001–10.000 employés

Great support staff. But poor documentation.

I value the availability of the support chat function. The support staff are very forthcoming and helpful.

I need to use the visual logic functionality for most of my modelling. But the documentation for this is lacking. Comprehensive documentation, tutorials and documented examples would improve the experience significantly. The VL interface is also quite frustrating as compared to normal programming languages. Finding commands is difficult, and the use of the interface is not intuitive.

Réponse de l'équipe de SIMUL8

il y a 2 ans

Hi Iris, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, user feedback is so important for helping us improve. We originally replied back in 2020, we wanted to follow up again as we've made improvements in the areas you suggested improvements. Firstly the Visual Logic editor has had a major update. Yourself and other users wanted us to make it completely free type like other programme editors you use. We've now done this, so you can type freely with no verification getting in the way. To help beginner users we've kept the line validation but moved it to a separate mode. So now all users can have VL behave as suits them. In terms of documentation we've since introduced Simul8 Academy and have introduced a range of new examples for Visual Logic. We'll keep adding to this bank each week so it will grow as a resource. Again, thank you for the feedback. It has been invaluable and directly inputted to our product development. Thank you. Frances Sneddon CTO, Simul8

Aida
Clinical embryologist (R.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 1.001–5.000 employés

A user friendly

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : I can’t praise the simul8 team enough, very knowledgeable, patient and flexible. Everyone has been very supportive and they are still supportive through my project. The team has ideas and is always looking to improve and find solutions. My project was with the university and in a hospital and the simul8 have been very flexible about availability.

Simul8 made the very complex IVF lab structure easy to picture and see and understand. This is key to showcase how difficult planning is and what are the main bottlenecks. The visuals are important and the quality of the inputs is very high.

To be able to utilise simul8, I needed help so I still can’t use it by myself. I have been handheld all the way through. I suppose if someone has the time and the ability to learn they can do it I work in healthcare and have a full time job.

Thomas
Project Manager (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51–200 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

World Class Simulation Software and Customer Support

Commentaires : An additional note on the consultant we worked with, not only is he thoroughly competent and knowledgeable about the Simul8 software features and functionalities, he was quite fun to work with and a great conversationalist. Simul8 clearly recruits great talent, both on a personal and professional level. Overall - Simul8 has been great to do business with and well worth the investment!

The software is very user friendly and the Simul8 consulting team is one of a kind. Our team had the majority of the model set up and ready configure within the first 2-3 weeks. We ran some test to see if the model was working properly before engaging with the internal consulting team, and we were able to do so with minimal effort - the software is quite intuitive. The configuration of the model did take some time, as our process is quite complex, but the consultant we worked with was a great resource and helped us get our model running accounting for all of our process specifics. An additional note on the consultant we worked with, not only is he thoroughly competent and knowledgeable about the Simul8 software features and functionalities, he was quite fun to work with and a great conversationalist. Simul8 clearly recruits great talent, both on a personal and professional level. Overall - Simul8 has been great to do business with and well worth the investment!

There are no cons about the software that we wish to report at this time.

Grace
Sales (R.-U.)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 11–50 employés

Simul8 to sell

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : I have worked hard to learn and understand it. Constantly changing what i use and how i use it.

Being able to prove to a customer that our conveyor system would work and to show any issues and changes that we would need to make.

Moving images and uploading your own small images for the activity icons would be good.

Bill
Senior Statistician (É.-U.)
Papier et produits forestiers, 10.000+ employés

Simul8 Support and Service

4,0 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Their customer service and support are second to none. As a statistician I used to think SAS had the best service and support, but Simul8 tops them which I didn't think was possible.

Great tool and very powerful. Like everything there is a learning curve, but you can get good results very quickly and as your learning progresses, you can build even more insightful models.

Don't have any big dislikes. The graphics are not quite as elaborate as some other packages, but those packages are more expensive. The graphics quality does not detract from the results of the models.

Jodh
Management Consultant (R.-U.)
Défense et aérospatiale, 10.000+ employés

Logistics simulation review

4,0 il y a 4 semaines Nouveau

Can set up effective simulations in which scenarios can be easily altered to show the supply and logistical constraints etc.

Navigation within the tool can be slightly difficult, as can designing dashboards on the tool

Joseph
Engineer (É.-U.)
Automobile, 501–1.000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Good job with caveats

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : The simulate training should have included more hands on usage of building a system to use the tools.

The software was really powerful and a lot of functionality built in. The help function included a lot of helpful info.

The training would start several minutes late each day. We would be in a TEAMS waiting room with no info as to when or if the meeting would start. The meeting should have started on time each day.

Stacey
Analytics Manager (R.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 11–50 employés

A powerful tool

Commentaires : Overall I have had a very positive experience of using the software. We've used Simul8 for looking at explaining why ambulances queuing at emergency departments in recent years has increased. Currently are using it to look at staff required to deal with call demands at GP practices. We also use it for training other analysts to help them understand what discrete event simulation is and can do.

I find that the visualisation aspect of using Simul8 software for discrete event simulations really helps management and frontline staff to enagage in discussions around how to improve their system and gives them more confidence in results. Some of the features included make producing a model quicker for me than alternative solutions. One of the main reasons I'll use Simul8 over alternatives is the speed of reply and the very knowledgeable support staff. The ability to export full documentation of your model does help in making it more transparent to those who want to reproduce a similar model in alternative software and it does now connect to R as well as Excel. Really like the ability to use the online version of Simul8 as well as the desktop version. You can build simple models with the standard features quite rapidly which is great for beginners but the additional features like Optquest and Visual Logic expand its possibilities much further.

The obvious one is being a commercial company there is always going to be a cost and my organisation being public sector means there is a push right now to use opensource solutions instead. I sometimes find the visual logic help on the website doesn't resolve my query but a quick sometimes usually export to R or Excel for final versions. It is possible to occasionally crash but I can't remember it ever not recovering my work.

Katharina
Senior Consultant (Allemagne)
Produits pharmaceutiques, 11–50 employés

Problem solver a simulation away

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : As a consulting firm that caters to pharma and medical devices industry, developing and design new custom-made manufacturing facilities were often needed. Simul8 allows us to easily design, validate and optimized plans and improve on strategies. Would definitely recommend to use in any industries!

With Simul8 we were able to develop a usable model that would meet the needs and requirements we have for the pharma and operations industry. We needed to have a system tailor-made to be able to leverage downtimes, equipment and being able to come up with strategies that fulfil stakeholders' requirement.

Graphics of model results could need improvements but as software is regularly updated, so there were signs of improvement. Some interface and vocabs used were different than other software, which lead to some confusion but some questions could be solved with their academy contents.

Robert
Founder (É.-U.)
Produits pharmaceutiques, 2–10 employés

Simul8, a very flexible and powerful simulation tool!

Commentaires : I've been using Simul8 for almost 2 decades on and off. I love what I can do with it, especially in creating very nuanced test data for projects.

It is easy to get started with it. The modeling options are generic and easy for business users to understand. Once you have a stable simulation, the coding language allows you to create very sophisticated simulations.

I would like to be able to use some of the simulation graphics for documentation. I'm sure this is more my issue than the product.

William
Analyst Consultant (R.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 10.000+ employés

Simul8: engaging, intuitive and interactive simulation modelling

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Simul8 allows for simulation models to be developed quickly and efficiently, due to the fact the interface and features are easy to use. My experience using Simul8 live in workshop settings in particular has been valuable - due to the ability to develop the simulations in an interactive and engaging manner. Further, the 1-to-1 coaching that Simul8 provide is brilliant - the coaches are very flexible, engaging and friendly, and really go the extra mile to support your development .

Simul8 delivered the most value through the ability to build complex models with an intuitive and easy to use interface. This ensured that different simulation scenarios could be run quickly and with confidence live in a workshop setting. Various parameters of the simulation can be rapidly flexed, such as resource numbers, shift patterns, process timings, etc. In turn, this allows for simulation modelling to be engaging and interactive, as well as effective in terms of delivering an accurate model with informative and pertinent results.

As someone with no prior knowledge or experience in coding, I initially found it a challenge to get to grips with the Visual Logic code. However, after a few hours getting to grips with it, the language is actually quite intuitive, and more similar to excel commands in the way that it is used. Also, there is a sidebar that allows you to search for every command and provides a definition for what the respective command/Visual logic code does.

Developer/Administrator (É.-U.)
Appareils médicaux, 1.001–5.000 employés

Assessment

Commentaires : My initial 6 months with using and learning the software has been nothing short of exceptional!
The customer support and development team have been incredibly helpful, skilled, and overly available to assist me during my initial learning phase.

Ease of use Sophisticating modeling potential Training resources Sample models 1:1 Model development with knowledgeable developers

More updated standard graphics related to my industry - healthcare

Remy
Quality Specialist (Canada)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 10.000+ employés

Simulation for Pre-op Clinic Redesign

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Overall it was great and will definitely be using when designing or redesigning hospital space in the future. I'll be moving to a new hospital and leading a team in the new year and will definitely be keeping this software in mind for use there!

My colleague drafted up various designs for remodeling our Pre-op clinic and was able to walk us through the pros and cons in a number of variables like patient wait time, count of patients waiting, anticipated overtime for clinic staff etc. It was great to be able to have this software to simulation redesigns like this. My past simulation experience is with Arena which was clunky in comparison and not as user friendly when setting up simulation designs as seen with my colleagues setup.

The reporting functionality was good but it looked like my colleague would have to manually add items to show up on the report as opposed to just providing all the information. This is really if I have to pick one con, it wasn't a big inconvenience.

Vineet
Senior Functional Analyst (Canada)
Vente au détail, 5.001–10.000 employés

"What If" analysis beyond Microsoft Excel

Commentaires : We wanted to model our mechanized warehouse investments and thus have started to introduce the value of simulation and so far the feedback from the leadership has been "interesting, very interesting, let's see how we can use this..."

SIMUL8 has enough intuitive configuration based features coupled with visual logic that I spent most of time building the model as opposed to learning the tool. Given how quickly, I was able to setup my model meant that I soon found myself using step through logic features like "work item tracking" to validate the results my model was generating.

The share feature is a great way to engage others but the 1 week limit is a bit short - the base default should be longer.

Réponse de l'équipe de SIMUL8

il y a 2 ans

Vineet, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're delighted to hear you found our software easy to learn and spend most of your time building your model not learning our software - that's exactly what we want! Currently the share time is 7 days. We will pass your feedback to our products team that you'd like it to be longer. Meanwhile, you can re-share the same simulation again for another 7 days as often as you need. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review, its greatly appreciated.

Ed
Owner (É.-U.)
Conseil en gestion, 2–10 employés

Consultant's Review

Commentaires : 1) New systems - first provide objective analysis that the new system design will actually obtain desired results - then fine tune proposed new design to facilitate rapid ramp up 2) Existing systems - test out improvement ideas to identify those with high impact of actually improving the system

I recommend to my clients that they first simulate proposed changes to their systems in order to have objective evidence that the proposal will achieve desired results. I recommend Simul8 simulation software because of its' ease of use especially for those who only use simulation occasionally.

None when I consider manufacturing type flow systems.

martin
Managing Pricipal (Canada)
Administration publique, 11–50 employés

What a great product and company

Commentaires : 5 STAR

A mature and stable product, fast and intuitive. Customer support is first rate. ***** I searched for a few years to find this product and it has exceeded my expectations.

Regular changes in pricing models and new charges for new bolt ons is a little frustrating (hard to budegt)

Anand
Operational Research Analyst (R.-U.)
Relations gouvernementales, 10.000+ employés

General simul8 review

Commentaires : Generally very useful. The stochastic nature of the runs give us very good representations of the models we are working with; this allows us to inform the stakeholders using valuable analysis.

Particularly very easy to use as a starter; having a clear idea of the process is most of the job done because, it is easy to implement- thanks to the user-friendliness of the software.

Nothing of note, although slightly frustrating that scroll zooms and ctrl scroll moves the window as opposed to other software where it's the other way round. Maybe there is a setting where I can change that?

Gosse
Process Technologist (Pays-Bas)
Produits alimentaires, 2–10 employés

Synamic - Simul8

Commentaires : We're using simul8 as an addition to our consultancy activity so the application differs from customer to customer. But so far we used it as;
- a planning tool for an existing factory.
- bottle neck analysis.
- reviewing factory expension concepts.

It's easy to learn the basics and as soon as you get the hang of it, it's very easy to increase the level of difficulty in your models. Web engine makes it very easy to show at customers. The share functionallity gives our customers the ability to work with the model themselves.

It would be a great feature if desktop and web-version acces files from the same cloud based folder.

Nili
Quality Improvement Intern (Canada)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 5.001–10.000 employés

New User Experience

4,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : Great experience, the support team is great! My problems were addressed quickly and effectively.

I enjoy the quality of support received from Simul8 team. The team is able to help you identify your needs for software version. It has the ability to take into account the complexities present in health care system, by using visual logic.

Having templates for processes will help newer user learn the capabilities and limitations of the software quicker. For example if the software is applied to health care systems, templates of real life scenarios/problems where Simul8 was used would be very helpful. I recognize there are instructional videos on YouTube but having built-in template would be very helpful.

Kanchanit
Business Data Scientist (Thaïlande)
Produits chimiques, 10.000+ employés

Great software for discrete event simulation

4,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : I can solve healthcare problems easily while using Simul8 rather than writing Python code by myself.

- Easy to understand of the UI of the software- Several options to set for simulation- Great diagram- Easy to interpret results

I used a student version of the software when I was a Master's degree student. Thus, there were limited features to use and I could not link data directly for result analysis or plotting graphs.

Harry
Harry
Student (R.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, Auto-entrepreneur

Invaluable Customer Service

I would first like to highlight that this is not a review of Simul8 but is feedback of the immense customer support I recently received. I was recently in contact with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], an employee at Simul8, regarding assistance with a project I am currently undertaking in my final year of my mathematics degree at university. Not only was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] extremely considerate of my lack of knowledge within Simul8, but his impressive depth of knowledge and thoroughness of his teachings has helped to provide invaluable information and insight into Simul8's diverse and powerful modelling tools. I cannot articulate how magnificent [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was and highly recommend that any queries or troubles one may encounter with Simul8 that you seek [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] support; he is an erudite in Simul8!

I have nothing negative to say regarding Simul8.

Enseignement supérieur, 1.001–5.000 employés

Good for teaching simulation.

I use Simul8 as part of teaching students about Discrete Event Simulation. Simul8 is easy to use, shows all of the basics of simulation modelling, and can model a wide range of scenarios. My students seemed to enjoy using it and generally found it easy to use and the support on the website adequate to expand their skills and build relatively complex models. The support team were also very helpful to me when developing my course.

The educational version doesn't have all of the functionality of some of the other simulation products. One of the downsides of Simul8 doing most of the analysis for you is that if you want students to do things themselves, then you sometimes need a bit of extra work, which is not always easy within fairly short workshops. A very minor point is that the MORE plots produced do not have confidence intervals on the quantile estimates.