Switched to Datascan 2 years ago

Publié le 06/11/2018
Mike W.
Pharmacist/owner
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are very satisfied with our hardware and software through Datascan. Refill management, automatic faxes/emails to dr's. Ability to run reports to check on the financial side of the business. Everything is pretty easy to use, and if you can't find it, tech support is usually quick and responsive.

Avantages: We were running an old DOS based system that had been bought and sold 3 times in the previous 10 years. When looking for a new system we vetted and Demo'ed at least 10 systems, narrowed it down to 3. Datascan offered the best combination of functionality, pricing, ease of use, aesthetics, and service. Very easy system to use, same service technicians on the phone when issues arise, and if you email the owner of the company he will answer you personally.

Inconvénients: We haven't encountered any longstanding issues, sometimes an update will make an unintended change, but those seem to be few and far between, and fixed right away.

Intuitive Program with Great Features!

Publié le 09/11/2018
Adam A.
Vice President and Clinical Pharmacist
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Datascan is great because if there is a bug or if something doesn't work, the team addresses the problem quickly. They are responsive to input and feature requests for things that are specific to your pharmacy. It reflects the mindset that we have at our pharmacy - not a big operation where you are just a number, but an environment where the software people know you, your setup, and your needs.

Avantages: It is evident that this software is made with the mindset of a pharmacist and the flow of a retail pharmacy. New features are consistently being unveiled that allow the program to evolve with the ever changing world of pharmacy, healthcare, and technology. The med sync is intuitive and the workflow delivery functions are a big help with our setup.

Inconvénients: Sometimes there are bugs or features that may not work as imagined. But those are usually addressed within reason.

Would like some more windows.

Publié le 07/07/2017
Gineta L.
pharmacist
Produits pharmaceutiques, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It's simple to use and straightforward. It is geared towards pharmacist unlike other products that also have nursing department options incorporated which make them bulky. Getting in touch with the helpdesk is super easy. Much appreciated.

Inconvénients: Not enough windows. Would like to be able to work on more than one patient at a time. Would also like additional report options.

envoyé par Datascan le 13/07/2017

Gineta, you are able to work on multiple patients at one time. Please call into support so we can show you the way to do this. We also have tons of report options available-- each of which has filterable options to help customize the report. If you're looking for something more specific please reach out to support and we can assist you.

Great service from smaller company

Publié le 11/07/2017
Brian M.
Owner/Manager
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Ease of use, frequent updates, very affordable compared to the competition. On site training and installation included in cost. Problems usually fixed within minutes of calling. Windows based, so keeps hardware costs down. Highly recommended!

Inconvénients: Somewhat buggy, but most issues solved quickly. Doesn't play well with Windows 10. Some service technicians are better than others - often quality of service depends on who answers the phone

envoyé par Datascan le 11/07/2017

Brian --- we are unaware of any issues with windows 10 what so ever. We have hundreds of systems out there working very well --so if your experiencing problems, please contact Brian in our offices and go over them. The system should not be 'buggy' at all unless it has to do with custom program changes that are being beta tested in a live environment.

Customer Service is the best of "ALL" customer service that I have used.

Publié le 05/07/2017
Enrique C.
Assistan Manager
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: ability to process patients medications.

Avantages: ease of use.

Inconvénients: Sig coding , takes a long time to remember them, other softwares just start typing and give you options to finish the doctor's instructions . Lack of financial reporting, I would like the ability to make reporting most profitable medications, medications that are not moving, monthly, quarterly and yearly profit reports.

envoyé par Datascan le 05/07/2017

The system does have quite a few financial based reports in the system. Some profit tracking is done under drug reporting. Please contact our support team and they can walk you through this.

Winpharm from an IT perspective!

Publié le 12/11/2014
Doug F.
CIO
Support client

Commentaires: In 30 years of computer experience and decades in IT, I seldom get my money's worth over time. Eventually great companies make cumbersome changes. Sometimes to the extent their products become clumsy, incompatible or old-fashioned. Not so with Datascan. In almost 4 years using Datascan Pharmacy Software I have never been let down or disappointed. Being on opposite sides of the US, I presumed there would be time difference constraints for service that would certainly interrupt my business flow. Unacceptable to my Pharmacy.

Much to my delight, their team was far beyond competent, expedient and able to handle every aspect of the remote installation and configuration without a hitch. All upgrades, maintenance were streamlined for us by their efficient remote service.
To my knowledge, Tumalo Pharmacy staff is, and has always been, walked through step-by-step any IT or upgrade issue by a competent, knowledable and courteous Customer Service person. Datascan has always been able to remotely fix all problems (very few) remotely the same day.
I have seen them work and they will accommodate your network configuration not only stand-alone PC's.
They can work with all versions of Windows platforms and thoroughly understand configuration of Windows by manipulating DOS commands (a lost art these days). They understood the security concerns of our IT group and respected all HIPAA and compliance standards we brought forth. They successfully configure all the peripheral gear and invoice format changes we've thrown at them. I am satisfied and proud to use Datascan. Thanks Kevin Minassian for making a state-of-the-art, reliable, user friendly product. Sincerely thank you,
Doug Forbes
Dark Horse Security Consulting
Tumalo Pharmacy
Bend, Oregon

Customer for ten years.... very pleased with the software and impressed with with support personnel

Darrell C.
dispensary supervisor
Support client

Avantages: ease of training some one new as to have everyone on the same page. The ability to track refills, insurance payments and inventory

Inconvénients: there seems to be more pop up screens with warnings than there used to be which takes focus off the script and slows the whole process down

envoyé par Datascan le 27/06/2017

Please call our offices to go over the 'pop up's'. Many are options, pre-edits, to protect you, but can be turned on/off in the "My Store Options" page. Thank you for the kind words.

Great Team

Publié le 15/02/2019
Alberto L.
Supervising Pharmacist
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall our experience has been great. DataScan has assembled a professional and courteous team that is willing to go above and beyond to make our business thrive.

Avantages: We changed our pharmacy operating system from a very user unfriendly system to DataScan. We have a good mix of employees that have used a variety of software systems and we all agreed that DataScan would work best for our needs. The speed and accuracy of the system are above our expectations, and the personalized responses that we have received from the Datascan Team have been unsurpassed. I would highly recommend DataScan to anyone looking for a new system or looking to upgrade an existing system.

Inconvénients: I would like to see a more robust inventory system.

Winpharm is the easy part of running a pharmacy!

Publié le 05/11/2014
Kerri R.
PIC, owner
Support client

Commentaires: I am extremely satisfied with our choice of Winpharm as our pharmacy software vendor. I have been a pharmacist for 30 years and used to work as a relief "travelling" pharmacist for many different companies. I have had experience with almost all the big vendors out there. When I decided to open my own independent pharmacy over 3 years ago, I found Winpharm to be my number one choice after comparing multiple other vendors. I was able to talk with the company president, Kevin, who devoted his personal time to make sure all of my questions were answered. Being on the west coast, in Oregon, I was concerned about the long distance and difference in time zones, however those concerns never even came up. We have gotten excellent customer service and every issue is usually resolved in one phone call. I am forever grateful for choosing Winpharm/Datascan! Not only do we save money every month, we can and will add new services as our business continues to grow, including the POS system and other options that will help streamline our workflow and paperwork. The Winpharm software program is the most user-friendly system I have ever used, being window's based. I also love the ease of billing 3rd party insurance and a simple procedure to coordinate benefits for patients with more than one insurance. It was easy to learn how to use and also easy to train technicians to be self-sufficient in a short time. If I were starting over today, I wouldn't change anything and continue to be completely satisfied with Winpharm!

I HAVE BEEN WITH DATASCAN FOR OVER 20 YEARS, I THINK THEY ARE THE BEST SOFTWARE PROVIDER IN USA!!

Publié le 28/06/2017
Jeff L.
RPH, VP

Commentaires: GREAT VALUE UPTO DATE OPERATING SYSTEM

Avantages: CUSTOMER SERVICE IN SECOND TO NONE!! GREAT PROGRESSIVE PROGRAMS, UP TO DATE SERVICES FOR PATIENTS, MTM, PROCESSING E-VOUCHERS

Inconvénients: TOO MANY OPERATING SYSTEMS IN SERVICE. MANY SYSTEMS IN THE FIELD ARE NOT UPDATED SO THAT EVERY CUSTOMER IS USING THE SAME PROGRAM

Datascan

Publié le 16/11/2018
Arlen L.
Pharmacist
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It’s ease of use and it’s excellent customer support. They are one of you and help you whenever you need anything done. Amazing employees and easy system

Inconvénients: The system is great. I like everything and anything. The owner is hands on and has a client first approach.

Great service - frequently updated

Publié le 27/06/2018
Brian M.
Owner/Pharmacist
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Personal customer service - US based and because it's a smaller company you know each of the service technicians.

Inconvénients: Some of the enhanced features are more difficult to use, but personalized training is available. And if the feature isn't ideal for you, just turn it off.

DATASCAN REVIEW

Publié le 16/02/2017
Tina D.
Mangaer
Produits pharmaceutiques
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I DEAL WITH DATASCAN WHEN WE HAVE COMPUTER ISSUES. I FIND THE PEOPLE KNOWLEDGABLE AND HELPFUL. VERY PLEASANT AND POLITE AND OFFER SUGGESTIONS . THEY KNOW ALOT ABOUT COMPUTERS AND THE PHARMACY PROGRAM

Avantages: the ease of the keys and how to ring sales and maintain sales inventory and product sold.

Inconvénients: The credit card takes too long to process on 1 register and the receipt is very slow in printing. Also, to be able to shut receipt off at any given time, and to add gift receipt.

AWESOME

Publié le 06/07/2017
Alice S.
MANAGER/OWNER
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: EASY TO USE AND TRAIN WITH. THE PHARMACY OPERATION COULD MANAGED BY JUST ONE EMPLOYEE.

Avantages: EASE OF USE AND SIMPLICITY- ABLE TO PULL PATIENT'S INSURANCE INFORMATION FROM ONLINE. GREAT TECHNICAL SUPPORT AT ANYTIME. EASY TO TRAIN NEW EMPLOYEES WITHOUT HASSLE

Inconvénients: WINPHARM ICON DISAPPEARING FROM THE DESK TOP OR NOT WORKING AT TIMES. OVERALL I AM SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE I'M GETTING AT THE MOMENT.

envoyé par Datascan le 07/07/2017

The icon disappearing is a connectivity issue related to your network and Windows. We can offer some troubleshooting options that can help eliminate this problem from happening. Please call into support anytime and we will be more than happy to assist!

Best system on the market!

Publié le 22/06/2017
Sarah Z.
CPhT/Manager
Produits pharmaceutiques
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This software system helped streamline our day to day workflow, accomplish more in less time, and made it easy to run out business effectively.

Avantages: Easy to use and learn, excellent customer support and service, tons of features, always get quick answers from the support technicians

Great software especially compared to others

Publié le 05/11/2018
Managing Director
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The simplicity of the software. The ability to get an answer to a question right away through their service dept.

Inconvénients: They are careful with releasing new features because they want to make sure there are no bugs with the release.

WONDERFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

Aaron T.
PRESIDENT

Commentaires: QUICK, EFFICIENT, PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE

Avantages: USER FRIENDLY PROCEDURES WITH MANY EASY AND QUICK SHORT CUTS WHICH SPEED UP TYPING TIME. IF ANY QUESTIONS COME UP THEY ARE DEALT WITH VERY VERY QUICKLY, PROFESSIONALLY, AND CAURTEOUSLY.

SIMPLE TO USE, LOW MONTHLY FEES, AND LOW UP FRONT COST. GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT AS WELL

Jason P.
PRESIDENT/FOUNDER
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Support client

Avantages: VERY EASY TO LEARN AND IF I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS LOGAN AND THE CREW ARE THERE WITH THE ANSWER. MY UP FRONT COST AND MONTHLY FEES WERE MUCH LOWER THAN THE BIG NAME SOFTWARE VENDORS AND WINPHARM HAS BASICALLY THE SAME FEATURES FOR 1/2 THE COST OR LESS. USING DATASCAN WAS A NO BRAINER FOR US. THEY GOT US UP AND RUNNING AS A NEW PHARMACY AND WE PLAN TO STAY WITH THEM AS WE EXPAND.

Inconvénients: THERE IS NOTHING THAT I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT LIKE ABOUT THE SOFTWARE. HOWEVER THERE ARE ALWAYS THINGS THAT WOULD SUIT SOME OF US A LITTLE BETTER. WE ARE A SPECIALTY PHARMACY AND DISPENSE A HIGH VOLUME OF NARCOTICS. IT WOULD BE A TIME SAVER IF WINPHARM WAS ABLE TO SEAMLESSLY CHECK OUR STATES PDMP WHILE FILLING NARCOTICS.

envoyé par Datascan le 27/06/2017

We absolutely agree about a link to state PMP's --but the limitation comes from the states systems. Until they allow us to synchronize we are limited --but we look forward to that opportunity as well.

Awesome, easy, and great to work with.

Arlen L.
Pharmacist
Support client

Avantages: Ease of use and great support.
The system is very user friendly and any problem encountered the team takes care of right away.

Ease of implementation

Publié le 12/01/2013
Joann M.
pharmacist
Support client

Commentaires: In all aspects the Pros definitely out way the cons.
Great software and company.

Avantages: The reason I gave only four stars for this is because it took us a while to change from a non windows based software to a windows based software. Once we figured that out the system is great. Very easy to fill prescriptions and run various reports. We also purchased the point of sale and that has been terrific having both the pharmacy and reigster linked together.
The customer support at Datascan is terrific. We have had some issues after hours and on holidays and they have called us back within 15 minutes resolved the problem.
Datascan is constantly coming up with new software to further meet our needs. I personally love the Cover my Meds. it is made prior authorizations much easier to deal with.

Inconvénients: the few cons to the rx software in my opinion are how the refills appear on the profile, would rather see how many refills left rather then the total number of tablets left. Also for the reports if the pages were numbered that would help.

Excellent Support and Quality

Publié le 20/12/2017
Jr H.
Director of IT
Vente au détail, 51-200 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The support staff is very responsive to requests. The entire team is friendly and professional. Thanks!

Vanco Pharmacy

Publié le 08/02/2017
James V.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The datascan p.o.s. is excellent in all aspects front end and pharmacy!!!! They run frequent updates and the support is always there even after hours.

VERY THOROUGH AND RELIABLE

Publié le 10/02/2016
Polina A.
PHARMACIST
Support client

Commentaires: I HAVE USED THIS SYSTEM FOR OVER TEN YEARS. IT IS NOT EASY TO LEARN, BUT I WOULD NOT SWITCH TO ANY OTHER SYSTEM. IT CONTAINS EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR ACCURATE BILLING, WHICH IS MOST IMPORTANT. IT DOESN'T FREEZE OR CRASH, NO DATA IS EVER LOST. TECH SUPPORT IS VERY GOOD.

envoyé par Datascan le 10/02/2016

Over the last 10 years our system has evolved quite a bit. Today, its easier to learn, easier to use, and our training programs are second to none. Also, we have our training videos that are now available to all clients, so whether you want to learn how to do something better, how to get the most out of the system, or you need assistance in training new staff ---these videos will make the overall experience a night and day difference. We hope all clients are now utilizing these videos as well as taking advantage of our Optimization Training where our staff can walk you through a lot of the added features and customization that can help build your profits and your business --and many of these features are built in and FREE to you. We just need to get clients to take advantage of them. If you have any questions at all never hesitate to call us!

Pharmacy for Dummies

Publié le 18/07/2019
Lead Technician
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Ease of use, Easy to train new employees how to use. even with little experience they often catch on in a week or less. great customer service

Inconvénients: report & daily numbers are sometimes difficult to decipher but can easily be fixed when you reach out to the customer service team

WINPHARM, ON A 5 STAR SCALE THESE GUYS GET 10 STARS FROM US

Publié le 13/06/2014
Michael S.
SP-RPh/CFO
Support client

Commentaires: The technical support/customer service is number 1 as far as I'm concerned and compared to other software vendors that I've dealt with over a 17 year span. The techs are polite, friendly, and answer the phones in seconds. 99.5% of issues are resolved the same day within hours, the other 0.5% the following day. I should note that I have been a satisfied Datascan customer for over 10 years and they make improvements to the software constantly. I think that the Winpharm program is excellent in it's layout, ease of use, and dependability. People who have never worked with Winpharm learn the software pretty quickly. The program updates automatically, so it's always up to date and that makes my life easier. In our store Winpharm is linked with the POS, also from Datascan, and gives us additional features that make the everyday tasks a snap, or a click, such as viewing which Rx's were picked up and customer signatures. -Pros:
*Speed of Rx filling process and ease of use.
*Stable Platform.
*Datascan Staff.
*Price.
-Cons:
*Can't think of anything right now
-Overall:
*Great Program
*Highly Recommended