Avis clients sur Schoology Learning

4,3 /5
  • Service client
    4,4 /5

En savoir plus sur Schoology Learning

Schoology est une entreprise de technologies de l'éducation qui place la collaboration au cœur de l'expérience d'apprentissage.

En savoir plus sur Schoology Learning

374 avis affichés

Andrew G.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
  • Publié le 26/06/2020

"Integrated Learning Management System"

Commentaires: Overall Schoology is going to allow for better implementation of curriculum as an online and hybrid option during this COVID19 pandemic.

Avantages: Schoology integrates seemlessly into our district as we already use Powerschool so it will make it an easy transition for teachers into online learning.

Inconvénients: The interface and mobile app could use a interface update to make it a little more friendly and easy to navigate.

• Publié le 26/06/2020
Technology Director
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 18/01/2020

"Schoology - Powerful, but User Friendly LMS"

Commentaires: Schoology has been a game changer for us. As a district that previously used an open source alternative, we really took a risk by rolling out a new product that was not free. Teachers have really embraced the platform, which is allowing us to move toward a model where learning is individualized and focused on the needs of the learner.

Avantages: Schoology feels like a social media platform. It's easy to use and makes sense when you're using it. It has a tremendous ability to be extended with integrations with Google, Microsoft, etc. and connects well with other learning platforms that are important in K-12 settings.

Inconvénients: At the enterprise level, sometimes support the can be lackluster when dealing with things such as the synchronization between Schoology and PowerSchool. On the positive side, we anticipate with PowerSchool's purchase of Schoology that this might improve over time.

• Publié le 18/01/2020
Angela H.
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 04/02/2021

"Versatile Learning Management System"

Commentaires: Overall, the application has made it beneficial in that all educational needs are in one place; assessments, assignments, grades, messaging

Avantages: This software had been instrumental in making learning available both in the classroom and at-home learning for students that are out for any reason.

Inconvénients: It is time consuming to post Google Applications in all of the classes. You can post the assignment but you have to go into each class and attach the document.

• Publié le 04/02/2021
Courtney M.
n/a
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 08/05/2019

"Terrible app even worse customer service"

Commentaires: Terrible app with even worse customer service

Avantages: It was easy to manage my son's schooling.

Inconvénients: It's clunky you have to go in and out to see different grades instead of being under one easy tab. Don't even think of forgetting your password. There is no reset function available and when you ask for help you get a super snarky email. I will copy and paste Hi Cmac0521, We are no longer accepting ticket submissions from Basic users. Helpdesk ticketing support is a feature of our Enterprise subscription. You can see what’s included in Enterprise here. To support our millions of free (Basic) users, we have invested in providing you easy access to better support resources, like the newly launched Schoology Guide Center. We also recommend visiting the Schoology Help Center where you can access a wealth of information about Schoology as well as engage with our member Community. Not sure if you’re a ‘Basic’ account holder? Instructors: if you see the word “Upgrade” in the upper left corner of your Schoology account of your account - that means you’re Basic! Parents and Students: check with your instructor! Sincerely,
Schoology Support
Basically "you didn't pay we don't want to help you, go annoy the school. You're Basic LOL" - Schoology "customer service"

• Publié le 08/05/2019
Matthew C.
Instructor
Enseignement supérieur, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 09/12/2020

"Clutch for shifting to online learning"

Commentaires: Overall, Schoology was a lifesaver. We experimented with different products but really enjoyed the controls we had as instructors. In a time when the pandemic hit, we were struggling to find the application that worked best for us and this ended up being the perfect fit. It was a huge bonus that it came free and that we were able to find a testing software to continue our online education. Kudos!

Avantages: The features that made choosing Schoology the most impactful was that it was free, had many controls as a course instructor and created safeguards for academic integrity. It had more controls to avoid cheating, created amazing supports for test writing (test bank, fill-in-the-blank, mix-and-match, time allotment, weighting etc.). It was very user friendly in that it created items that we used in in-person teaching and made life so much easier!

Inconvénients: My co-teacher and I had a hard time figuring out how to prevent students from receiving their grades right after submitting their exams. I'm sure it was a matter of deep diving more, but in our scenario of first-time users, the students received their final grades after their final exam rather than giving us a few minutes to explore the stats and realize if we needed to drop questions or not.

• Publié le 09/12/2020
Robert B.
CTE Teacher
E-learning, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 14/07/2020

"Effective LMS for Online Instruction"

Commentaires: I have used Schoology in my classroom for the past four school years. Prior to that, I had tried Moodle, Blackboard and Edmodo for use with my students. Schoology has been the most intuitive to understand and set up. It helps students easily find resources and allows me to integrate numerous online tools, meeting all of my needs as a classroom teacher. This year, our district has moved to requiring us to use Canvas, which really put just how easy and functional Schoology is into perspective for me.

Avantages: Schoology is very intuitive for teachers, students and parents providing an easy to use learning management system for all.

Inconvénients: Using the free, non-enterprise, version doesn't provide teachers with student access analytics.

• Publié le 14/07/2020
Jennie W.
  • Publié le 01/09/2020

"Schoology Junkie"

Avantages: I absolutely love the gradebook and it is so east to use. Grading the project and watching it automatically upload to the gradebook saves sooo much time.

Inconvénients: I hate the uploading feature. It makes you jump through too many screens to upload a document. On the teacher side I do not like the missed assignments tally. When you click on a resubmitted assignment for example it never takes you straight to what was resubmitted. It will take you to the overall assignment and then I have to guess which student resubmitted it.

• Publié le 01/09/2020
Technology Director
  • Publié le 08/09/2019

"Love this LMS!"

Commentaires: This is a great product, and is super easy to use for almost anyone, it is lacking in some features but overall great product.

Avantages: This is the best possible LMS that I have found out there-has several features. Organized folders, quiz giving ability and integration with ExamView, discussions, and district wide setup ability.

Inconvénients: It is very spendy if you want to implement it into your school-hard to justify when Google Classroom is free. I wish the integration with google was more seemless, and the lockdown browser option was free for quizzes/tests.

• Publié le 08/09/2019
Tara M.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 18/12/2020

"Virtual Learning Experts"

Commentaires: Schoology was chosen as our program for virtual learning from home during the COVID pandemic. As a teacher, I was overwhelmed at first, but caught on quickly. Now, I use Schoology to upload lessons, create tests and quizzes, and even upload YouTube read-alouds for student viewing. It has been a vital resource to allow me to connect with my students.

Avantages: Schoology seems overwhelming at first, but is pretty easy to catch on to once you start to upload material. There are plenty of user guides and how-to tips available on their website to help out as well. Schoology allows me to teach lessons virtually to my students during the pandemic.

Inconvénients: It is a little more complicated to upload some things such as google forms to the site.

• Publié le 18/12/2020
Philip P.
  • Publié le 09/07/2020

"A Full Service LMS Offers So Many More Options"

Commentaires: We've been using for four years and they keep making it better! All of my course content is in Schoology and since I teach using the flipped classroom model, the switch to fully online learning in the spring was pretty much seamless for all my students with home internet access. I am also a Schoology Ambassador.

Avantages: Our district uses Schoology as a district-wide Learning Management System (LMS). We switched to Schoology last year and I use Schoology for almost all of my course work. I teach using the flipped classroom model and Schoology's platform allows me to share my lecture videos, conduct assessments of student knowledge and understanding, give assignments, and to provide communication with students and parents. All of my content is available to my students through Schoology 24/7, I can make it available in a variety of ways, and I can make updates in real-time. Schoology's introduction of the Google Assignment App has me excited about our switch to Chromebooks. This app allows you to attach a Google Doc (say a study guide) as part of an assignment. When students open the assignment the document is copied, renamed, and added to their Google Drive. No more students opening or copying a new version of the document each time they go back to the assignment instead of to the copy they made but didn't actually rename as the directions stated. The document is 'tied' to the assignment and updates no matter where they work on it from (inside the assignment or through their Google Drive.) I also use the platform’s completion rules to give students autonomy while also keeping them on track. Another great option is the ability to add images to pages, updates, announcements, and folders to give visual information, help guide students, and give them access options. I also am able to hyperlink

Inconvénients: While they've done a great job updating the product, however, I wish the pace of that was faster. For example, they introduced a new "Assessments" feature that was to eventually replace the "Test/Quiz" feature once it had all of the same options. While the question types in Assessments are nicer, it is two years later and it is still missing features of Test/Quiz including the ability to comment on individual student questions, auto-correction and rescoring if you made a mistake in setting up the correct answer in a question, and importantly, they still have not added a question test bank option for Assessments. Without the option to randomly pull questions from question banks I still use Test/Quiz for later end of unit assessments and semester exams.

• Publié le 09/07/2020
Math Teacher/Digital Learning Specialist
E-learning, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 26/08/2020

"Best LMS hands down!"

Commentaires: I've built many project-based and blended learning courses within the Schoology LMS that have allowed me to revolutionize the traditional classroom. We saw huge increases in student accountability and achievement, and tracking student progress has never been so easy. We also use Schoology to take asynchronous remote attendance with just a few clicks of a button. I am extremely proud of what my school has been able to accomplish with this platform. The feedback and ideas I get from both students and teachers continues to inspire me to take learning to the next level using Schoology. Our new virtual classroom is more fun, interactive, and engaging than ever before!

Avantages: Schoology is packed with features that let educators customize their courses and content to meet the specific learning needs of various populations of students. The user interface is fresh, simple, and easy to navigate. Many popular external applications are already integrated and available to use within the Schoology platform and sync effortlessly with the gradebook. For me personally, I really appreciate the way I can build customized, authentic, and engaging assessments from their wide assortment of question types. Schoology also has a badge rewards system where teachers can reward students for accomplishing certain tasks. Schoology simply is super customizable with a ton of features that other LMS don't offer.

Inconvénients: As a user of many learning management systems over the past decade, there is no area where I feel Schoology is lacking in. It is the best for what it does.

• Publié le 26/08/2020
Brian H.
Graduate Student (MBA)
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 20/08/2019

"Engagement Promotes Student Retention"

Commentaires: While Facebook has had some bad press regarding privacy here lately, the overall impact and popularity of social media in general and Facebook in particular is undeniable and has become a permanent part of online culture. Why? Because Facebook is, by design, set up in such a manner that it is both extraordinarily easy to use and navigate around, and because it has a well-documented tendency to "suck you in" - it keeps you engaged with the platform. It's easy. It's interesting. It's fun. It's entertainment. So what does that have to do with Schoology, you ask? Immediately after registering for my Schoology account provided by my grad school (MBA student), I was very surprised to see what looked and felt just like Facebook, but with an academic focus. The main feature is the user's feed, which looked and felt exactly like any social media feed. It contained posts from the school admin and financial aid, posts from instructors with information, videos, etc., pertinent to the current material, and posts from fellow classmates asking questions so classmates and the instructor could all interact on the thread. Users are able to "Like" a post or even direct message others in a private, Messenger-style chat feature. Surrounding the feed are links to everything the student needs for college success, from financial aid to wellness. Simply put, Schoology's brilliant adaptation of a popular technology makes studying easy, interesting, fun, and entertaining.

Avantages: Schoology is academia's answer for engaging with today's social media obsessed generation of students.

Inconvénients: I can virtually ALWAYS come up with something that I didn't like, Schoology however is one of those few exceptions. For the sake of entering a "con" however, I will say the one lacking feature I did wish users had would be an option to switch from the blaring white to a dark mode type theme. Helpful for battery life when using mobile devices and also more conducive for night-time study and eye health. After all, many students are working while studying, leaving night time as their only option to get their classwork done.

• Publié le 20/08/2019
Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 17/12/2018

"Number 1 LMS on the Market"

Commentaires: Overall, I can't imagine my experience both teaching using Schoology and leading professional development for teachers without Schoology. It has afforded me an opportunity to totally revamp my district's PD to something more teacher centered, self paced, and differentiated, by putting together an online database of modules tailored to our specific district needs.

Avantages: This is hands-down my go-to LMS for education. Having used a variety of LMS programs out there, and having come from some such as Google Classroom, and 3DGameLab, Schoology is top notch. Constantly being updated, Schoology helps transition the focus from the teacher to the student. The best features are Schoology's ability to integrate with other tools, as teachers can embed edtech tools such as Padlet, Polleverywhere, Thinglink, etc into a Schoology assignment using their LTI integration. As they continue to partner with other edtech companies, some of these then become options within their platform. I have used their integrated Conferences, Lock Down Browser, and more. The ability to transition ownership to the students, monitor their work while letting them work at their own pace is truly remarkable and a game-changer in education.

Inconvénients: There are some things I wish were available such as the ability to share an entire folder of contents with an individual student, or to set separate completion rules/dates for assignments within a folder. Not sure why these aren't options. I also think a way to automatically award badges upon completion would really help teachers cut down on time awarding them.

• Publié le 17/12/2018
Gilda G.
Technology Integration Specialist
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 25/09/2018

"Schoology - like a Swiss army knife for educators!"

Commentaires: I have used Schoology as a teacher with students and as a professional development platform with other teachers. I love all the options I have for sharing content of all types and engaging students in many ways. I constantly find new features to try out with my students. In addition, I am one of the system admins for our school district. I have used both the Basic (free) version and the Enterprise version. Schoology Support is always helpful, and while they cannot always meet my needs right away, they are always working on site improvements and new features.

Avantages: •Ease of use - Most teachers, students, and parents learn to navigate the LMS pretty easily. •Many levels of use - Teachers can begin using the LMS at a simple, basic level with great success, and then progress to use more advanced features that enrich the educational experience of their students. I love incorporating online discussions and media albums in my classes. •Anywhere, anytime - Teachers can set up their daily classes in Schoology, embedding images, media, discussions, quizzes, and more. This lends itself to all types of teaching experiences from whole class to small group to individual assignments. Assignments can actually be assigned to small groups or individual students, and these will not populate the Schoology feeds of other students. The Schoology course can be used to facilitate the classroom experience, but also allows student access to classroom content 24/7. •Great integration with G Suite - Schoology plays very well with all things Google. I love the Google Drive Assignments app, which organizes my students’ assignments so beautifully.

Inconvénients: •Cannot create recurring calendar events.
•Badges are only visible on Profile Page. I wish they were more visible on all pages, like they are in Khan Academy. Badges are also not visible on the iOS platform.
•I wish assignments had both “assigned on” dates, as well as “due dates.”

• Publié le 25/09/2018
David W.
7-12 Online Learning Coordinator
E-learning, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 08/12/2016

"Schoology for Classes and Professional Development"

Commentaires: In my 7 years as a teacher, I was always looking for the latest and greatest tools. The one thing that never changed, was Schoology. They are constantly improving their product and updating to make it better. I used all the free features of Schoology with my students. We took all of our assessments via their platform. They submitted assignments, essays, and projects via the other software. I was able to easily attach rubrics to the work that students were creating. My favorite piece was the discussions. It allowed me to elicit responses from all students, not just the ones who were willing to raise their hands. I would often use the online discussions to facilitate a face to face discussion in class the next day. I was able to use the responses from the online portion to direct and call out specific responses that could further our in class discussion. Schoology is an all around great tool, if you are looking for an LMS, it would be a mistake not to consider Schoology. In my current role, I provide more professional development support. I am working with teachers on their implementation of Schoology and other tools. Schoology allows me a way to deliver online courses to teachers and support them in their growth. It is a great experience for our teachers to use Schoology as a student, this gives them the perspective they need when it is time to work with their students. It also affords us the opportunity to show them some best practices of using an LMS. Schoology is a winner in every way, I wouldn't be where I am today without Schoology, and our teachers wouldn't be making the gains they are without the support of Schoology.

Avantages: There is an instant comfort to using Schoology for students and teachers. Most things are very easy to find and within a couple uses, teachers begin to develop confidence with the program. As a teacher, I was easily able to teach myself (with some online guidance) how to accomplish what I needed. The range of options available for free is outstanding and the paid version just adds the icing to the cake!

Inconvénients: There are times where it seems like I have to click a lot of buttons to execute something. There are some quirks (as there are with many programs) that don't seem 100% logical to me. With that said, Schoology is always willing to listen, things may not be fixed immediately but it is nice to know they are aware.

• Publié le 08/12/2016