Avis clients sur Revel Systems

En savoir plus sur Revel Systems

Revel Systems est une solution cloud de point de vente pour iPad (point de vente) rapide, intuitive et sécurisée.

En savoir plus sur Revel Systems

Easy to use POS system, I see it in many retail stores.

Revel customer service is extremely slow, as explained by someone else, you get to exchange emails with about 10 different people and no one knows what they are talking about.

Revel Systems - Notes

3,8
3,4
3,6
3,4

Revel Systems a reçu une note globale de 3,7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 300 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Revel Systems ?

Bailey
Bailey
Heritage Interpreter (É.-U.)
Musées et institutions, 2-10 employés

Great

It's easy to learn and accessible. Having it on an Ipad means that it's large enough to know what button is being pressed, and to move things around if need be. Having categories set up is great so we can keep track of how much change we need or how many people came in to visit the museum, that day.

It can get a little complicated especially with adding discounts to certain purchases which can be difficult for our older volunteers to get a hold of. But is really it, on the basic side of things, it works well and does the job efficiently.

il y a 4 ans

Bailey, Thanks so much for the feedback. We're delighted that Barker Mansion is making good use of its Revel POS! If some of your volunteers are having a hard time adding discounts, you can have them visit the below Revel University page for video guides detailing how to complete a variety of discount-related actions within your Revel POS: https://revelsystems.com/revel-university/categories/discounts-combos/ I hope this helps! Please reach out to us if you have any questions. - Holden at Revel

Freelance Writer (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

Pretty, but Problematic

Commentaires : Lots of restaurants and retail stores I frequent use Revel. I would try Revel again if given the choice, but I would make sure to get my employees trained in troubleshooting themselves to avoid the potential of a customer service snafu.

I work for a small college bookstore that recently transitioned from an ancient, outdated POS system. We were all so excited about Revel. It's sleek, easy to use, and much simpler than many of its predecessors.

The biggest trouble we ran into is that Revel is hopelessly buggy, and I would sometimes be on the phone with customer service for an hour before getting my problem resolved. For a small business with only one cash register, this was often a nightmare.

il y a 4 ans

Thanks very much for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that our system fell short of your expectations, but hope you give us another chance in the future. We're constantly working to improve the quality of our products and services.

IT Manager (Australie)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Revel = Overpriced, dishonest and corrupt.

3,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Its terrible that a company can operate in this day and age with such dishonesty - from hiding costs, failing to supply agreements yet embedding them in a url link in the fine print to obscure it, Order forms that order monthly subscriptions then you find out it has a three year term that was never disclosed, sales men that tell you to contact their providers of equipment to get a price, sales men that lie and wont stand by their own word. Then you have the 15k cancellation fee for the 3 year contract you were never advised you had. Customer service teams that don't communicate and pass you off to each other to further yet obscure you from getting any value. A disgraceful company, shame the software is ok, they are now just a greedy corporation with no appreciation or view of their customers. With this company they customer is always wrong and they will tell you so. Overpriced dishonest and corrupt.

Back End Management software is good. Nice use of iPad.

Un-Intuitive setup. Most expensive iPad POS software in the market does not provide value for money.

Training specialist (Allemagne)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Good idea, good realization on the hardware concept, but buggy software

Commentaires : Sales, inventory, predictions, CRM, marketing - all nicely done.

It is full wifi, full cloud, very versatile and very nice and sleek.

iOS only, apple only, comes out expensive, heavy toll on the pay as you go needs (licensing tied to number of terminals)

Bill
Bill
Director of culinary services and hospitality (É.-U.)
Produits alimentaires, 11-50 employés

Revel, the good and the bad

Commentaires : Helpful with keeping track of sales and labor. Easy to learn and easy to train new employees on.

Easy to use and set up. The reports are pretty good. As a simple POS and time keeping system, it works well

If you need a POS that will help you with in depth inventory control, this is probably not the system for you

il y a 4 ans

Thank you for the feedback, Bill. We'd love to hear about what we could do differently with our inventory management tool¿if you'd like, please submit a feature request at https://support.revelsystems.com/hc/en-us/articles/208479946-Suggest-a-New-Feature. Thanks again!

Kyle
Kyle
Ministry Coordinator (É.-U.)

We use it in a coffee shop, and it has helped a lot.

You can program it to accept tips on charge card which increased the barista's tips. IT was a lot better than our previous system.

The backend stuff is hard to figure out and the customer service isn't the best. Also you need quite a bit of training to be comfortable with using it on a day to day basis.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Kyle, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review and for the feedback! Cheers, Sarah at Revel

Jack
HR & Operations (R.-U.)
Hôtellerie, 51-200 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Powerful tool but sometimes clunky

3,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Usually works very well, not my favourite because of user experience and aesthetics however.

it enabled us to move to contactless ordering and payment online during pandemic restrictions.

I find it looks quite ugly, the design architecture does not feel as intuitive to me as other competing products I've used. Setup was quite gruelling. Restrictions on what card terminals can now be used with the software feels like a step back.

Thierry
Owner manager (Canada)
Hôtellerie, 2-10 employés

Maybe not for restaurant

Commentaires : The system was easy to learn, thanks god because there is no onsite help and if you have a problem you have to resolve it with and onl the phone operator! That can be time consuming and frustrating if you are not very technologically friendly.

Easy to use. Easy to learn staff friendly have a portable option, reliable enough. Use iPad and doesn’t take too much space.

Not set up toward restaurant, long orders arrive in the kitchen, with no clear consolidation of the order, making it difficult to work with big parties. And few little similar problems, that make you think, this system was not developed for restaurant

IT Manager (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 51-200 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Only good if your needs are very Basic

Commentaires : Overall Revel is a total letdown and will be replaced by year end with a better system, lots of things we were promised could be done require using their "Open API" which costs more per month than the entire POS system does for 5 stations. We were not told about the API pricing upfront (or that there was even a cost at all, it was pitched like it was included in the regular fee) just that we could use the API to do everything we told them we needed to do, my project manager informed me of the API pricing during our implementation, when I called out the sales rep for never mentioning the additional cost despite repeated conversations about how critical this was she told me "its not my job to tell you the pricing for the API since that's not my department" It is also very difficult to impossible to find and load an order in the dashboard by customer. You have to load the customers orders report, find the customer in the list, click show orders, note the order number, then go to the order history report and then you can click through to the order, why isn't the order number under customers order a hyperlink to take me to the order? They made a systems change to batch process updates to the POS instead of in realtime, we have a custom app that we use for check ins when a customer comes into the store and it adds customers to the revel system so we can link them to a sale and track close rate etc. They used to sync in real time from the dashboard to the stations, after a recent update it takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes for the customers to pull down from the revel dashboard. I have verified they show up on the dashboard instantly as they should, there is just a major delay in syncing back to the iPads now that was not there before the update. Reporting is very weak in certain areas, you can't view profit by anything other than employee which is worthless if you don't have pay rates loaded which we don't since we aren't using that aspect of the system. When we receive inventory in the store, we upload it into the revel dashboard via their excel template this works about 75% of the time, the rest of the time it just silently fails, you will never receive any notice that it failed, where it failed etc. So now before I do any uploads, I do an export of what we have immediately before so when it fails I can compare to the inventory after the partial upload to figure out where the import stopped so I can import the rest. I could keep going but bottom line is if your needs are more than barebones or you are not a restaurant you should look elsewhere for a much better solution.

Overall they have a nice POS interface and it is pretty stable. Their pricing is also pretty good for the base system.

Functions are hard to find Very much geared towards restaurants, so if you are in another business be prepared to see restaurant specific stuff all over you can't turn off Material changes to the way things work with zero notice Can only see profit margin by employee no P&L type report. Inventory uploads regularly fail with no notice, and no way to tell what was added without doing a manual compare of before and after and trying again with the additional items.

Réponse de l'équipe de Sarah

il y a 5 ans

Hi Michael, I am truly sorry about your experience and I have shared your feedback with our sales management team, as well as the customer service team. I am confident that once we get we get a bit more info from you, we will be able to come to a resolution in terms of API and reporting. Our customer service team will be happy to follow up on any outstanding issues you have. Regards, Sarah, Customer Advocacy Manager at Revel

Javier
Javier
General Manager (É.-U.)

Good POS system

Commentaires : Very good functionality and high quality reporting system. I think this one one of the most advanced POS systems I have used.

Revel is user friendly and I love that we can use it with iPads.

There are some glitches and system can freeze from time to time. I have also had difficulties with our other software that integrates with Revel. The two systems often stop communicating with each other.

il y a 4 ans

Thanks very much for the feedback, Javier! We're constantly trying to improve the quality of our products and services and appreciate you bearing with us through the bumps.

Lisa
Co-Founder/Owner ()
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Not for the technology newbie....

Commentaires : The only reporting feature I would love to see is comparative reports so I don't have to piece them together. I want to know things like "sales last March versus sales this March", and "labor last month versus this month". That's how we track trends and right now we have to export as excel and wrote our own formulas to analyze this data. Overall, a good system for our small business.

Great reporting on the back end. Responsive to feedback. Constantly evolving and listening to customers. VERY customizable. The systems are reliable (as long as your network is reliable) and I haven't had any Revel related downtime. We are a 7 day a week operation with two locations and the only problems we have had have been related to our own network reliability and one faulty iPad. Once we upgraded those, we were fine.

SUPER labor intensive to set up yourself. If you are at all uncomfortable with technology and terminology, hire someone to do this for you. If you are comfortable plucking around in setting up the backend yourself, go for it. I had TERRIBLE frustrations with the support team at launch. It was clearly an overseas call center and there was a language barrier where the agents were likely trained to simply read back scripted responses and not really think critically through my issues. I feel like maybe they added some US based support because sometimes when I call now, language and understanding is not an issue and I can get things solved quickly. It can sometimes feel like this system is trying to be all things to all people, which can be both admirable and frustrating at the same time. There are SO many set up choices I don't need that I feel like a consultative sales approach (and more personal support at set up) would be more helpful but that would definitely cause costs to rise. It's a conundrum. So just know that you'll save money if you feel confident setting this up yourself. If you aren't comfortable wit technology, be ready to spend a little on hiring a person to set you up.

Louise
Owner (Australie)
Hôtellerie, 2-10 employés

WOULD NOT TOUCH THEM

Commentaires : very poor

The local (Australian) staff who sold it to us, were helpful and it all went well. No longer managed by Australian staff and it went down hill from then. Really have little good to say about it after 3 years of use.

Offered a one off fee relief of $200 during shutdown. Every other app gave 100% fee relief or significant discounts. Cost of hardware was for fixed period, but they offered no discount once that period was over. Basically intend to charge for the cost of the hardware, indefinitely. Support is provided by eastern European call centre. Pleasant and helpful but a minor language barrier. Cant do many basic things you'd expect. Such as a set menu with course options Level of integration is extremely poor. Basically all at additional cost. Including integration with essential accounting app, which they claim in advertising is integrated. Its not.

Santiago
Administrator (Costa Rica)

Best and more robust system in the market

The best thing about this System is the easy and intuitive interface. It greatly facilitates the operations of the day and allows us to always work in a better way. It has, also, a number of options and improvements that allow me to adapt to my needs, especially the part of the discounts. They are the best!

The bad thing is the implementation, being such a complete software it takes a long time to configure all the functions to your liking to work in a better way. However, with practice and patience, it is possible to get ahead.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Santiago, Thank you so much for the 5-stars! So glad to hear that Revel is working well for your business. Our product team has worked hard to make improvements to the Discount functionality so it's great to hear that you are a fan! Revel is definitely robust and can take a bit of extra time to configure, but, we agree, that once you get it set up for your business, you will be happy about your decision. Thank you again! Cheers, Sarah at Revel

Erin
owner (Canada)
Supermarchés, 11-50 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

One they get your money, you'll get neither a functional system nor customer service

Commentaires : The customer service is abysmal. Once the sale is made, you are chopped liver and the company really doesn't even seem to care if your system ever gets up and running after that point.

I can see exactly what we sold on a certain day. They look impressive so despite the fact that they have low functionality they look really pretty....but, lets be honest....that's mostly the ipad.

Notice how it's spelled rEVEL. (it's illiterate evil with an R). Things I though rEVEL would do but it doesn't, problems we have, and why you shouldn't purchase revel for your establishment. 1. When you set up a customer, they are not automatically set up to collect reward points. Your staff have to create a rewards card separately, then link it to the customer. We've had lots of input errors because of this. The customer and reward points numbers are a customers phone number, which means that if they change their phone number you have to change their customer number. Then deactivate their rewards card number. Then create a new rewards card. Then go to the back end and download the entire customer matrix, insert the number of reward points they should have under their new number, then upload all of the data back into the system. Something that you can only do when you are closed for the day. So many things with revel are like this. Something that should be simple is the most cumbersome thing ever. 2. Customers cant fill in their own information on the customer facing display which leads to lots of inputting errors. 3. The only way collected customer emails link into your email program is if you pay a hefty monthly fee (per pos station) for a third party app. 4. If a customer chooses to have their receipt emailed to them, the system does not collect that email and sync it to their customer identification. 5. In Canada here, there are no Province options when filling out customer details so we can't even collect their address properly. 6. Want to send a coupon to your top 50 customers? Good luck There is no report that you can run for that. Tons of data. No way to mine it. Have fun paying a third party to mine your data for you. 7. Want to know who purchased an item on a specific day? Once again, all this data, with no reports to mine it. 8. GLITCHY! Open orders hanging open, customer reward points not being accrued correctly, and weird little things like pop up balloons that slow down transaction time by 5 seconds, customer list not being alphabetical, orders re-opening hours later showing few cents owing on it, lag time between info going up to the cloud and back down to the stations. (a customer wants to exchange something they bought 5 minutes ago? They have to go to the same pos station they bought it at as the sale will not show up on the other stations for hours). Items that we sell by the each suddenly show an inventory of 1.86 units, where did that .14 of a unit go? 9. CUMBERSOME, the procedures for creating gift cards, processing returns, creating a customer, linking that customer to a reward card. All of it is just so damned cumbersome, takes so many taps on the ipad and is not intuitive....even for our millennial cashiers. 10. The sales people flat out lie. I asked really specific functionality questions from our sales person, who flat out lied about the systems capabilities. Then dropped us like a hot potato once he had our money. I spent the next month chasing Revel to make sure that the install happened before we opened. This attitude of sale first, customer service last, follows through. The hubs that they sold us are glitchy and faulty. We complained about them for a full year. Then we got an email offering us their new and improved network hubs. So basically they sold me crap. Knew that they sold me something that didn't work. Then offered a discount on selling the replacement to me. 11. The Customer Management system does very little. Once again, we had to pay a third party to figure out who our top customers were, then go through their profiles one by one to gather their emails to send them all an email to offer them a reward for being a top customer. 12. You can't redeem multiple rewards at once, or process a refund without a customer making a purchase(we sell milk in reusable glass bottles that the customer gets money back when they bring back their bottle, you can't process this if they just come back to return the bottle without making a purchase), or or process two refunds and a reward under the same transaction. So many glitchy things. 13. Someone will reply to this saying there are no open tickets on our account. And this is true. Because the reply to all of these things is that the feature doesn't exist and I should put in a request for a new feature. Which I have done. Repeatedly over the last 3 years. And here we are, still calling revel support asking why if you sell systems in Canada can I not enter a Canadian address in the system. 14. Poorly trained staff. We are a seasonal business and each spring when we open up, we have to have revel support enter some identification numbers on the back end to have their system work with our payment processor monaris (the only one they offer). It always takes several weeks of my calling back and sitting on hold to get this simple thing done. Every time. This is what it's like calling revel every time. I'm sure that there are lots of weird glitchy things with every system out there but revel really appears as though it was built poorly from the outset and has software flaws that can not be changed. One of my managers spends 10-20 hours per week working on fixing revel errors, calling customer service, figuring out how the system works now that there is another update, writing detailed training manuals for our staff to us the system. It's just so time consumptive and terrible. It makes it all the worse that revel folks just repeat the party line and don't actually look for solutions to the system problems. "Fill in a feature request form" It's like they've all drunk the kool-aid and have become automatons controlled by an evil wizard named Revel.

Gary
Owner (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

WORST POS EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!

Commentaires : Not in mixed company

It looks nice and professional on our iPad. To look at the homepage, you'd (think) it was a sophisticated system.

Rather than crashing the site with my bitter, endless ranting about this POS, (and no, that does not stand for "Point Of Sale"), let me just say this: This is THE most unintuitive system we have EVER used. And no, that is not just my opinion. With 6 other employees who use this thing (and 2 of them are former IT professionals), every single one of us agree it is truly the worst. NOTHING is where you would think it should be, and once you find it, you're going to have to go through multiple steps to find what you're looking for. There are multiple ways to perform many functions, but only one of those methods actually work. It's up to you to figure out which way will work. For example, you can hit the "add customer" button but it doesn't really ad them. You have to go to another screen to ad the customer and this method usually works, but you have to figure this stuff out on your own. And when you tell customer service about something that doesn't work, they just tell you "oh yeah, you can't do it that way." Well, why there is an option to do it that way? And the "backend" is just a cruel joke. I don't even bother to try and see what my employees have sold anymore because it's simply too much effort and headache to look anything up. There is no place where you can simply look up a customer, see what they purchased and their contact, shipping info. All of these steps must be done painstakingly separately. And their customer service people seem to know they're trying to help you with a shit product. Lots of long periods of silence on the phone as they try desperately to find a nice way of telling you there is no way to get the damn thing to do the elementary task you need it to do. Oh, and the cost.

Réponse de l'équipe de Sarah

il y a 5 ans

Hi Gary, I have reached out to you via email directly to collect your feedback. That invitation is still open and our product developers are always looking for customer input on functionality and UI. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Software Advice, regardless. I am sorry to hear you have experienced frustration with our platform and we are continually working to improve Revel. Regards, Sarah, Advocacy Manager at Revel

Justin
Owner/General Manager ()
Meubles, 2-10 employés

100% Fail - Waste of Valuable Time and Money

Commentaires : Long and short, our experience with the Revel systems POS (our intent is to use it in Retail application) has been a nightmare. The problems started early on in being sold hardware components that were not designed to work in the way we needed to utilize them - despite us being very detailed in what we needed - and despite the Sales reps assurances they would (specifically the barcode scanners and printers). We purchased our system in Mid-March but due to delays in the build-out of our store front and arrival of inventory components we were not actually able to begin the on-boarding/product and inventory load until Mid-May and that's when things turned awful. Our initial product information load seemed to go well, however when we attempted to load the corresponding inventory via the method instructed it would not load. Come to find out we were given incorrect instructions and fields/information that should have been on the load sheet were not there. That issue began 5/15 and was finally resolved 5/17. On 5/16 another set of issues started during the attempt at setting up our receipt with logo, company info, etc (figured we'd do that while the inventory thing got figured out. Wrong!) That was finally figured out and resolved by our onboard rep on 5/17 at the end of the day... with zero explanation as to what the issue was and if it could happen again. Since we were finally able to go ahead and get the first phase of products/inventory info loaded (our onboard rep did it for us because no matter what or how we tried it was unsuccessful) we scheduled our POS front end training on 5/19 - which also was a bust because we learned that none of our printers were correctly configured before our system was sent. This also stalled us from being able to barcode the items in the store until 5/26 when that issue was finally resolved with one of our barcode printers and the receipt printer (it is now 6/15 and the second printer for our warehouse still hasn't been configured... we have literally been dealing with daily issues with the backend system and front end system all this time and haven't even been able to address that yet). Other issues that occurred (that are now resolved but no one can explain the how or why it happened, or will it happen again?) where the backend system spontaneously dumped my login information on 6/7. Our rep basically had to reset me up (2 more days down). Thought we were finally good... got to the actual POS and discovered that the login PINs for myself and 3 of our employees did not work (despite the 3 employees info being present and correct in the backend - my information erased again and defaulted to a generic 1234). Got that sorted a couple days later. This weeks issue has been with the integration to Quick Books online. The POS is sending inaccurate info to QBO - and of course, no one can tell us why, or worse, how to correct it. One generally assumes that in business accurate financial reporting is kind of a thing... I mean Revel hasn't had a problem charging us the monthly fee all this time and I'm sure they track that somewhere, right? Naturally in the month from 5/15 to today, 6/15, we finally hit our limit and requested information on returning the system (being willing to take the risk of being without a POS system at our opening and just processing manually through QBO). Our onboard rep passed us on to Client Relations and a few days later we finally get a generic, and frankly offensive, email from customer rep that in no way acknowledged our issues and frustrations - but instead had a copy of our Revel contact attached. I assume the point was to put it out there that Revel only has a 30 day return policy (keep in mind rep didn't say that in his email... he pretty much implied "figure it out for yourself"). Of course, since we bought our system in March we are well beyond the 30 day limit. I really could keep going. I am just shy of now 100 emails back and forth about issue, after issue, after issue - none of which truly got any clear resolution or explanation. I'll save you some time. Do not buy this system. Its bad, the customer support is worse, and like us some of you will likely end up tossing a system in the storage room and going to another platform.

Please see comments for a play by play and definitely look to other systems (the more I look into this, the more negative reviews I am finding that are sadly similar to our own).

President (É.-U.)

Customer since 2012: Easy to use, excellent features, poor customer service. Be careful...

This system is highly customizable and easy to use. Reports are excellent and Revel does a nice job of continuously updating the backend to be more useful. Keeping track of employee hours is easy and efficient.

We have been a customer since 2012 and Revel has changed the playing field: 1) Revel now charges more per terminal per month if you choose to not use their credit card processing service. This wasn't the case when we signed up. 2) We purchased 2 scales in 2012 and two more for a second location in 2014. Revel's updated system no longer supports these peripherals. Revel offered me a discount for replacement of these scales for ones that work. Not good enough! This same situation occurred earlier with printers which I had to repurchase. In addition to changing the playing field, the customer service is not good. Expect the system to go down at least 3 to 4 times a year when Apple upgrades their iOS. Revel has changed their business model. They are now in the business of credit card processing. I see this as a sign of a struggling business and would be concerned about their longevity. 3) Confusing payment structure.

il y a 5 ans

Hi John, Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that there have been issues with your scales and our latest release. I am confident that the issue will be resolved and do apologize for the delay. I have escalated your case to our customer relations team and they will be sure to address any outstanding issues for you. You are always welcome to schedule a time to share your feedback with me at [email protected] Happy to learn more about your experience. Regards, Sarah at Revel

Joseph
Managing Partner (É.-U.)
Divertissement, 11-50 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

A solid system that works for me....

Commentaires : Overall I'm very happy with the product.

Great customer service techs, they are knowledgable and someone is always available. Easy to update products, expandability, gift card applications a good feature, and the reporting is excellent. Probably the best feature. It really helps with budgeting and menu decisions.

I found the inventory system to be lacking. It is very hard to set up and very time consuming. It would be nice for new customers to have the option of Revel entering all of their products and not just trying to transfer from a spreadsheet. There were many mistakes and I wound up having to create the entire product page myself.

Mohammed
Owner (Arabie saoudite)
Produits alimentaires, 51-200 employés

Average system with disastrous relationship management staff

I liked the idea that it worked in iPad with KDS, reporting and QSR menu building options. I though it was good until I tried the alternatives.

Poor and complicated customers database Too many dropped connections between POS and KDS Poor inventory management Complicated app update process After using the system for 5 years I decided to cancel my subscription, they lock my account and didn't respond on time and asked me to pay an additional month ( because of their late reply) to get access to export my old reports, so be cautioned if you are using it now or planning to use it.

General Manager (É.-U.)
Restaurants, 11-50 employés

Easy transition, easy to use, easy to modify.

Commentaires : Easier tracking of everything I need, easier to modify and easier to teach to the end user.

Everything I need all in one package, the back end reporting is spectacular and I can monitor and adjust from anywhere.

Sometimes the support is hard to understand. With a business open as many hours as I am, updating the system can be a chore, and require a over night shift to accomplish.

il y a 6 ans

Hello Michael, Thank you for the high rating! Your feedback is much appreciated. I do understand that having to be closed for updating the POS can be challenging. You are able to remotely push changes to the POS. However, for updates to the Revel application, the iPads do need to power down and restart like most web-based applications. Ultimately, your POS is more secure because of it! Thank you again for the review! Cheers, Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

Manager (É.-U.)
Sports, 501-1.000 employés

Good POS Software

Commentaires : Revel is a much better POS system than previously used. It makes opening and closing very simple. Inventory is fairly simple. I like the look of the software. Definitely recommend it.

Nice clean look and fairly easy to find what you're looking for. Good POS software that can help you clean up your POS offerings. Provides fairly good POS protection and security for your business. Closing and opening is very simple. Saves a good amount of time from previous system used.

When you have two items and only one is discounted, the discount shows in the second item as well. This makes it hard to get the price right. Have had to do a manual discount, rather than percentage to work around this.

Charley
Franchise Operations Manager (É.-U.)
Restaurants, 51-200 employés

Overall worth the sticker shock

Commentaires : Increased visibility of individual establishment performance through cloud-based control panel and reporting.

It is reliable. That is the name of the game in a retail and restaurant service environment. It just needs to work day in, day out. Revel has been a lot more reliable than the 2 other point-of-sales we have used in the past.

The price. The initial equipment is expensive and the subscription is expensive. Again, it's worth it though.

il y a 5 ans

Hi Charley, Thank you so much for the great feedback! Glad to hear you are a happy customer :) Cheers, Sarah at Revel

CHINTAN
chef (É.-U.)

Can be far more better

Commentaires : The experience have been satisfactory. Felt it had lot of potential but not living up to it.
If they become more customer focused and approach it might work for them.

Its functions at the time we bought were nice and feel we can do a lot of things if they approached it with more commitment. It was way ahead of competitors when it launched.

One of the biggest complaint is customer support and feel its a big let down. Also over period of time feel their product is not changing according to Industry Needs.

Omar
Owner (Arabie saoudite)
Restaurants, 2-10 employés

covers all my needs

Commentaires : i love the system overall, it would be nice for it to be tuned for my countrys laws a bit more as it is already being sold here ...

* Has most of the functionalities i need out of the box * Relatively short learning curve * Customer support in very attentive and readily available * Rich features

* local re-seller falls short * lacking the country and language localization * it was made with the U.S payment engine support in mind, it dose not cater for some of our local payment needs * there is no service catalog, every time i need a service i have to call a sales rep and see if i have it or not, and if i dont the costing structure is based on the re-seller * the reporting engine is also tuned for the U.S modules, some of them are completely useless for us in saudi arabia * out of the box integration with xero accounting system was a hassle, no list showing what are the available integrations, need to call the sales rep again ;) * no place to show what are the configurations that are handled by the support, i have to go and fiddle with the settings untill i dont find what i want and i call the support just to find that they have a settings for it that is hidden from local admins. *

James
Owner ()

Happy Early Adopter of Revel Systems

Commentaires : I was an ‘early adopter’ buying my Revel Systems POS in late 2012. My business has more than doubled and I credit Revel Systems as integral to that success. We started with one iPad, but within 6 months seamlessly added the second. I personally built the backend and found it intuitive and relatively easy once you commit to understanding the basics.
I have felt some of Revels ‘growing pains’ over the years, however ultimately I always had my issue resolved, which all too often were a ‘user error’ situation. I also have experiences where Revel made changes to the system, which were not beneficial to me. I reached, complained, and ultimately they reintroduced the feature that I missed.
For those looking to start with Revel today benefit from all the capital and advancements implemented in the last 4 years. If or when I expand beyond my original location, I will use Revel Systems again. I have experience with Aloha, Dinnerware, and Maitre D and much prefer Revel Systems.

Unlimited expand-ability Remote access to information Clean, simple iPad based POS

Rapid changes that ultimately benefit me, but sometimes I'm not ready for Managing Apple's updates with Revel's new builds