Avis clients sur Postman

4.6/5
  • Service client
    4.3/5

En savoir plus sur Postman

Gérez toutes les API de votre organisation dans Postman, avec un environnement de développement d'API complet.

En savoir plus sur Postman

105 avis affichés

Alex T.
Front-End Developer
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 25/08/2019

"THE Best Solution for Testing API Endpoints"

Avantages: One feature that I absolutely loved about this software is the environment management functionality. This feature allows you to define variables that can be used throughout the software. I have set up specific environment variables to handle separate URL's for local development and live server development which has made testing each of the two incredibly easy by just switching to the specific environment. Another feature that has been great to have has been the GraphQL functionality that allows you to send GraphQL post requests without having to manually transform the entire request into JSON format. This feature is a HUGE time saver.

Inconvénients: One thing that annoyed me about using this software is the slight learning curve involved. The software has so many "hidden" features that make your development life easier, but that is the main issue, it seems as though they bury them too deep to find. Once you figure everything out, the software is incredible, but I wish they made things slightly most easy to use for first time users.

• Publié le 25/08/2019
Test Analyst
Télécommunications, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 16/12/2019

"Best Tool so far for quick tests using REST"

Commentaires: I normally use Postman and first step, not complete manual test for Backend and also before complete automation. For automation we used Java ( jive) code. For this pupose I can say that Postman is a very good solution. But I would like to see complex examples ( like a whole regression Suite) using postman and having TCs in cycles every 24 hours. Also I'd like to see good code examples so troubleshoot would be easier when I have failing TCs,

Avantages: Easiness to use, sometimes I have tests that works only on Postman ( and not in SOAP UI for example) , possibility to automate test suing scripts, possibility to export and use variables on tests. This tool is similar to another ones but the difference is the number of people using it and some doubts can be quickly solved by googling it. It is easy and quick to automate test cases and create a Test Suite

Inconvénients: Sometimes not so easy to find the solution for your "problem" and need to search on communities. They would provide a better help and manuals with examples and links on how to build the test case. It is common that I find the answer outside the site from Postman and not on the official one.

• Publié le 16/12/2019
Support Analyst
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 20/02/2020

"Very handy tool for web development testing"

Commentaires: Great. It has really helped our team collaborate and stay up to date with changes to third party and our own APIs.

Avantages: As a support analyst, I'm constantly using Postman. Some of my top used features are sharing collections with other support users, exporting requests to cURL or other formats to send to third-party vendors, and session variables.

Inconvénients: Some features can be very hard to find, I also have some unsolved issues with requests that do not work within Postman but do work with the cURL it generates.

• Publié le 20/02/2020
Software Tester
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 16/01/2020

"Postman does everything a tool for API development needs to do and more!"

Commentaires: Postman is my tool of choice when working with APIs. It does offer most of the features one may need while also being easy to use and learn.

Avantages: I am using the free version of Postman in my daily work as a software tester. It's the application I use for working with APIs and, for me, it offers most of the features I need while also being intuitive and having a pleasant UI.
Regarding REST services, it does offer the functionalities anyone would expect for running the APIs, nothing special here - it does what a software used for running webservices should do.
Postman stands out for me for the additional features it offers - posibilities to add multiple environments and variables based on those environments, a history tab with the requests and responses ran in the past, ability to write tests in app, ability to automatically run those tests (with some limitations for the free version), grouping collections under a workspace and then change through workspaces (in case there are multiple different projects a user has to work with), ability to export and share the collection and environment variables and possibility to run the tests within a CI system.
Even though I barely used it for other types of services, I know that Postman works with SOAP and GraphQL too.

Inconvénients: I would say that Postman is in a weird place with the "Team Workspaces" for the free version. For this, they offer 25 different calls that can be registered within the team. In every situation I was in, this number was too low, even for the smallest projects I worked with. It was never useful to start working within a team workspace because we were always getting to the point where the older calls were deleted because we were exceeding the limit. After a few tries, I gave up completely on this feature. Personally, a limit to 50 would have been more useful - I can understand this is their business model and they offer payed alternatives, but in my opinion the "Team Workspace" feature is not usable in the state which is now.

• Publié le 16/01/2020
Senthamizhselvan E.
senior testing analyst
Assurance, 10 001+ employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 03/12/2019

"Easy tool for complex work "

Commentaires: Overall it’s good tool to access and use the tool and it helpful to achieve desired results in time

Avantages: It’s simple way of using and customizing the postman for our needs. We can do lot of testing using just the tool itself

Inconvénients: Need to have lot more help documents and flexibility to see the error log and sometime more options to automation

Immobilier, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 08/12/2019

"Best Rest API tool in the market"

Commentaires: My experience with Postman has been really smooth. It does have some hidden but really useful functionalities. But once you get to understand the product, you'd love it <3

Avantages: I love all the features provided by postman to the developers community, starting from backend, frontend to QA :
- I can use it optimally to write tests for my Apis testing
- I can save my http requests, which can be imported later to be used with other Rest services.
- I can set environment based headers, credentials and basic auth details. I personally love this feature the most.
The software as a whole is easy to use. And it provides a whole lot of useful features when you are working with a team to provide Rest apis.

Inconvénients: We as a team love the concept of using Postman, it has made all of our lives easier. No cons as of now which I can think of :)

• Publié le 08/12/2019
Emilio M.
QA Engineer
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 03/12/2019

"if you are working with APIs you probably don´t need to read this review."

Commentaires: Very easy to prototype API validations. Can be used as a starting point to automate API testing.

Avantages: VERY easy to use. It is designed to be accesible by non-tech users, and it gives a feel of the API without having to have the front-end ready. Can import swagger to make stuff easier.

Inconvénients: Collections can be used with Newman to have them run on Continous Integration. It is pain in the rear to make it work.

Balaji K.
Software engineer
Banque, 10 001+ employés

"Postman Rest Client"

Commentaires: The overall experience has been excellent and extremely satisfying so far

Avantages: Postman helps to test rest API and SOAP API easily with user friendly GUI. Setting up SSL certificate and other headers are very easy with Postman

Inconvénients: There is nothing to complain as it has made the developers life like mine easier. Integration testing of API is made very easy now

Daniel T.
Integration Architect
Logiciels, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 20/01/2020

"For me, the best API test tool"

Commentaires: My overall experience with this tool is fantastic. Is the API test tool that I ever recommend to others.

Avantages: It is a very easy and intuitive API test tool.
Has the possibility to save different test environments with creds, URLs, parameters, etc.
Helps to test different types of APIs with a lot of settings.
Permits extract the response in different formats.
And, with the "beta" capability, you can create an API easily to simulate endpoints and test calls from your systems.

Inconvénients: At the moment, I and the people that I know are using this tool did not find problems or capabilities fault in it.

• Publié le 20/01/2020
Leonardo D.
Software Quality Analyst Itern
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 12/12/2019

"Best tool to test API"

Commentaires: I have a great experience using Postman. I use it every day at work and I am able to receive and update the collections very easily between my work colleagues.

Avantages: It is very reliable. There is an option to choose a theme and change its interface. I like how easily you can organize your collection and choose the environment. To import and export using collections using URL is also very positive.

Inconvénients: The support to graphQL is still in beta phase. Once it's finished I believe it's going to be perfect to test graphQL services.

• Publié le 12/12/2019
Shyam K.
software engineer
Semi-conducteurs, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 12/09/2019

"Good tool for API testing"

Commentaires: Overall, we had a good experience with Postman. The only thing why we moved to Katalon Studio is there are few options that are licensed in Postman and free in Katalon Studio.

Avantages: Easy to setup and use. We used it for testing APIs that we developed. We can test in multiple environments by giving the urls as variables. Easy to share with team as well

Inconvénients: Some features are licensed. For startups, this feature may not be great. There are other tools like Katalon Studio which offers same automation service of API testing for free as open source.

• Publié le 12/09/2019
Business Analyst
Logiciels, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 25/07/2019

"I am constantly finding new things that I can do with the application"

Commentaires: I love using Postman because if does exactly what I want it to do. I work with enough people that we are always finding new features and seeing how much more we can use this service for our company.

Avantages: Where I work we have to take a lot of different language formats (HTML, Javascript, JSON and so forth) my preference is XML and not only will it convert the Language format, it also has an option to "Beautify" As long as you know what you are doing, Postman executes REST API's perfectly. You can set up your parameters, headers, text Bodies and even set up authorizations. I have dozens of calls saved so that it was remarkably easy to just run the API and it is good to go in seconds.

Inconvénients: There are two things that I have found to be a challenge : 1. With large Response file bytes that come through, if can take a really long time to load and interact with the data. Postman can become sluggish and even non-responsive for longer periods of time. The fix is to set the bodies data to RAW and then it will run smooth, but by default, this option is not selected. 2. If you do not know what you are doing - this can feel not very user-friendly. There is a training section called "Bootcamp" but it told you what to do rather than what things are for. An example I have was I was trying to figure out what all of the different Methods produce but it would just tell me that the most common method is "GET" Just know that the training is more of a walkthrough rather than a roadmap.

• Publié le 25/07/2019
Mehmet raşid G.
Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 28/07/2019

"A very nice HTTP client for developers"

Commentaires: It helped me a lot during the software development and maintenance phases of projects.

Avantages: I think the best part is that it is suitable for different kinds of roles in the IT industry. Whether you are a software engineer, business analyst or a test engineer it doesn't matter. The tool provides you tons of functionalities from creating automated tests to sharing your HTTP request collections with other colleagues. It also saves your previous requests and provides you historical access to these requests which can be useful.

Inconvénients: When a new version is available and the one u use is deprecated a warning popup becomes visible indicating that the version is deprecated and the user must download the latest version from the website. It is good to inform the user about version changes but auto-update functionality would be really nice instead of directing the user to the website.

• Publié le 28/07/2019
Kalaiselvan K.
Integration Engineer
Services et technologies de l'information, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 23/07/2019

"Postman Review"

Commentaires: Overall, this very good application for creating functional static test suits for REST interface.

Avantages: Postman is an good application comes stand alone as well as plugin in google chrome for testing REST webservice interface effectively. We can have a collection(Separate project) for related group of API. we can export the collection easily and import in other postman application. we can even export as link and import in any postman. All the interfaces are synced to your email address used for sign in. you can open the same interface in any system with the same email id. Each requests fired is saved in the history and can be easily retrieved with search for any reference.

Inconvénients: When you are using HTTPS interface, you need to adjust the settings for avoiding the SSL Issue. It has very less support to SOAP interface.

• Publié le 23/07/2019
Gareth N.
Web Developer
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 25/09/2019

"Lost without it"

Commentaires: Postman gets the job done. It's updated with new features and fixes quite frequently and it's very reliable. It makes my day-to-day work life very easy and I wouldn't be able to work as productively without it.

Avantages: Postman makes my life easier. I develop and work on API's every single day and that means I'm running Postman for hours on end. Besides writing tests, it's great to be able to hit my API endpoints, see the results and be able to diagnose them. The layout is intuitive, almost all the details regarding a request is easily viewable, it keeps a searchable history of every request and most importantly, it has dark mode.

Inconvénients: I can't really fault Postman at anything, it provides all the functionality that I need. If anything, the UI might be a bit confusing for a new user but with time it becomes your go-to tool for API development.

• Publié le 25/09/2019
Lino M.
Automation Test Architect
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 16/07/2019

"Postman"

Commentaires: Very good or powerful tool for simple and easy API testing

Avantages: Postman has a very neat and simple UI which helps to easily use the product. Very easy to use Postman. It also support coding which helps to create API calls body more stable. Using Newman we can integrate Postman requests with other tools.

Inconvénients: Newman could have made more simple. Also the the free version have very limited number of requests for a team.

• Publié le 16/07/2019
Luis miguel R.
Software Architect
Logiciels, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 30/08/2019

"Postman is great tool for developers and QA teams."

Commentaires: I am a developer and I use Postman all the time. I work in a team that develops microservices, and the postman is great tool to test your services, it's lightweight and provides all that you need.

Avantages: * Easy to install.
*It's super simple to use, you don't need to read any documentation.
* It has different ways to authenticate.
* You can save your most frequent requests and share them with other team members.
* You can even create scripts to do some API testing.
* It has chrome interceptor option, which is great when you are testing a complex system.

Inconvénients: * Sometimes it takes too much time to load.
* It is difficult to manage your tabs when you have more than 10+ tabs open.
* It is difficult to track network traffic.

• Publié le 30/08/2019
Mike R.
Automation Engineer
Services financiers, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 05/12/2019

"Lots of features for API testing"

Commentaires: Very favorable. I automate with a REST package with Robot Framework, but I've found that setting up automation runs driven by CSV files is quck and easy with Postman, plus some co-workers not entirely comfortable with code development can catch onto Postman, even with the javascript-like pre-request scripts and post-execution tests.

Avantages: Good online resources, large user community, nice layout for a test (header, body, pre-request scripts, tests), good set-up for data driven tests , CLI interface available with Newman, good structure of collections / folders / tests, exporting and sharing tests and collections and environment variables

Inconvénients: Haven't found anything I didn't like. There is one thing I'd like to be able to do and haven't found out how to do it yet (run a collection and run ONE pre-request script prior to everything).

• Publié le 05/12/2019
Rahul K.
Test Architect
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 27/08/2019

"Extremely Handy when it comes to testing of REST Services"

Commentaires: My Overall Experience was well with Postman as I use it on a daily basis for REST Testing and whenever I wana test any REST Service. Postman is the first tool that comes to my mind

Avantages: Postman is very user friendly and also helps in developing,debugging, and publishing APIs.
The User Interface of Postman is very smooth and is easy to understand.
It gives us useful features like Sharing & Publishing, which comes extremely handy when you are working as a team.
We can do a quick sanity test of all our services on different environments

Inconvénients: When it comes to designing of complex Automation Test Cases and Data Driven Testing Postman can be little tricky to use. Moreover, code re usability is also a concern.
Doesn't provide powerful Reporting.

• Publié le 27/08/2019
Md muhibbul C.
Software Developer
Logiciels, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 22/09/2019

"Postman review"

Commentaires: Overall, I liked this software as this is free and has lot of good features to make any REST API development easy with an user friendly collaboration platform for API development teams.

Avantages: 1) Postman is one of the best collaboration platform for API development with easy setup for any REST service environment.
2) Can easily import cURL code to setup a new request for any REST service.
3) Can easily set headers and different type of credentials needed like Basic Auth, Bearer token etc for any REST API testing.

Inconvénients: 1) Sometimes have issues with https enabled REST APIs that needs SSL certificate validation. However, this may be resolved with additional settings and has a workaround by disabling SSL certs validation off from settings.

• Publié le 22/09/2019
Aditi I.
Senior QA Analyst
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 10/11/2019

"Postman good testing tool"

Commentaires: API testing... For Java based agile project...
After getting hold on it...so fun to test and also debug issues ..were easier...

Avantages: Api testing feature...
blackened testing was ease...can put our own data and test and see the accurate results depending on requirement..
Automating with node js to run all the services at once and see the results

Inconvénients: Error messages.. doesn't sometimes give full picture why Api is failing...
Intially was difficult to understand how to use it

• Publié le 10/11/2019
Android developer
Logiciels, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 27/10/2019

"Postman"

Commentaires: When I was beginner , postman helped me a lot to achieve my target

Avantages: The best part about this software is that we can test APIs for free. Suppose you want to use a new payment api which you don't know how it works. But with the help of this software you can get the idea about its working

Inconvénients: The only thing that I didn't like was that there is no option for closing all the tab at once . I know that is not a con at all

• Publié le 27/10/2019
Ecommerce Business Analyst
Articles de sport, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 03/10/2019

"An Absolute Must Have"

Commentaires: Like I stated above, Postman has allowed us to create endpoints for our implementation as it is happening. This is incredibly valuable to us or anyone that is in the situation. We have loved having this tool available to us.

Avantages: We are currently working on a new platform implementation and Postman has made it possible. Without Postman we would not be able to test API endpoints that don't currently exist for us. Postman makes this easy and also possible.

Inconvénients: Postman was honestly quite easy to pick up and use. Our development team has loved it, but have also noticed some performance issues. This is barely an issue though.

• Publié le 03/10/2019
Test engineer
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 04/10/2019

"Simply the best API testing tool"

Avantages: The plethora of features available in postman is very helpful for developers as well as software testers. With the new update, things have gotten much better with the improved UI

Inconvénients: One issue i faced while using this is when a URL is generated as a response, even if i try to copy it to the clipboard, it automatically opens as a new request. If there was some option to toggle this off, then it would be much better

• Publié le 04/10/2019
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 06/07/2019

"Postman for web API development. "

Commentaires: We can test all the API end points we develop as the backend server. So far this is the best software we found to mock http calls.

Avantages: Ability to send all the required http request for testing the server development.
Support almost all the http methods.
Support for authorization and other standard headers.
Ability to send files along with the requests.
Dark theme.
Save all the histories so it is easy to send previously sent requests again.

Inconvénients: Sometimes it get stuck when sending large files as http POST request.
No any other issue so for.

• Publié le 06/07/2019