Azure Machine Learning Studio
par Microsoft4.5 / 5 932 avis
Notes moyennes932 avis
- Note globale 4.5 / 5
- Facilité d'utilisation 4.1 / 5
- Service client 4.2 / 5
- Fonctionnalités 4.5 / 5
- Rapport qualité-prix 4.1 / 5
Informations sur le produit
- Version d'essai gratuite Non
Informations sur l'éditeur
- Fondé en 1975
En savoir plus sur Azure Machine Learning Studio
Solution collaborative avec interface glisser-déposer conçue pour créer et déployer des solutions d'analyse prédictive en quelques minutes. Code gratuit.
Azure Machine Learning Studio - Fonctionnalités
- Bibliothèque d'algorithmes de ML
- Deep learning
- Modèle de formation
- Modélisation prédictive
- Outils mathématiques et statistiques
- Traitement automatique des langues (TAL)
Avis les plus utiles sur Azure Machine Learning Studio
Publié le 20/01/2019
Commentaires: Advantages Microsoft Azure, being a flexible cloud platform offers the possibility to build applications within a short while and at the same time deploy and manage it on the platform for access of other users on the cloud network. Azure also offers the opportunity of automating tasks in personal Azure environment, this also includes the creation of runbooks which reduces overhead costsemerits Azure has a major setback which has many users concern, it does not support snapshot. The provision of virtual machines also takes a lot of time when compared to being done in reality. It actually has a slow response to updates with a poor graphic user interface. Azure is a very secure platform with high availability which is cost effective, it makes a positive mark on cloud computing.
Avantages: I n an informative age where there is rapid growth in technological advancement, the successes achieved in different sectors like the business sector must include a high level of subscription into technological products. In relating the first generation technological gadgets which were massive in size to the present age modernized appliances and technological tools with are as small as the microchip, one cannot but understand the boundless nature of advancement and the need to flow with the tide. Cloud computing, one of the very few technological advancement of recent times allows for the storage and accessing of data and different resources over the internet.
Inconvénients: This minimizes the need for individuals to own and move about with computer hard drives as they can securely access their information, edit and retrieve this information at any given point in time. This seems to be a more flexible and efficient option when compared to the conventional personal computer (PC). The development of Azure, a public cloud computing platform made cloud computing more useful to individuals, small and medium size businesses and even the multinationals. This posed many benefits to growing businesses that could not afford to purchase the necessities for their business operations like softwares, storage devices and servers, the small businesses only needed a web browser in their computer and an active internet connection.
Publié le 13/03/2018
There are some awesome backup solutions out there, I'm talking about products born in virtualization
There are some impressive backup solutions out there, I'm talking about products born in virtualization ... and not those designed for tape backup 20 years ago that some of you buy because that's what they've always bought. Some of the excellent products are even advertised on this site. They have their own unique approaches and points of sale, which I should applaud, and I encourage you to visit their sites and try their free trial versions. Then you have options, and that's a very good thing. We use a lot of DPM and store our long term in Azure, as described by Aiden. I want to share some important obstacles that we have come across so you can benefit from our experiences.
1) We had a DPM protection group with 76 protected Hyper-V virtual machines. This protection group was programmed to send recovery points to Azure all at once. 76 was too much and the OBEngine.exe service (Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent) was blocked every night, so I had to restart the OBEngine service and manually restart these online backups every day. By splitting the protection group into several smaller protection groups (each protecting about 20 Hyper-V servers instead of 76) and scheduling them to send recovery points to Azure at different times of the night, the problem was solved. I do not think this is a bandwidth problem (since we have a lot) but that the OBEngine service was being overwhelmed. The errors I found in DPM every morning clearly indicated that the OBEngine
It lacks options for life cycle management.
- Some of the functions only work in the classic portal. The reliability of the services depends on the technological and financial capacity of the providers of services in the cloud. The information of the company must go through different nodes to reach its destination, each of them (and its channels) are a source of insecurity. The centralization of the applications and the storage of the data originates an interdependence of the service providers. It is useful if you are not familiar with Azure to take an online training course that will definitely take you a long way to master it and increase your confidence in the product. It tends to use resources and when the VM goes down it is slow and freezes. the dashboard design is confusing AF, it is difficult to find things. You pay the support, or send them a tweet and cross your fingers. Billing is confusing, especially at the beginning, and it is impossible to estimate costs without seeing the use of an entire application / site. infrastructure as a service allows me to free up time and resources until then to maintain its own infrastructure, security measures are beyond the reach of most companies, security regulations give customers the confidence that their data will be totally protected. The support was incomplete (my experience of 1 in 18 months was very disappointing). In summary, regardless of what the system tells you, if you do not buy a help plan, it is SOL
Publié le 15/08/2017
A powerful platform with tons of options but a confusing interface and unclear pricing
Avantages: There are a ton of amazing points about Azure. The ease of which you can spool up new websites, databases, or even entire virtual machines is incredible. You can do in minutes what would take you hours to do on site. Setting up communication between resources is also quite easy. Inside each installed item (website, VM, SQL Server, etc.), there will be options that you can configure. These options make it very easy to quickly configure your resources in a way that is best. Not sure what you should do for setup? No problem. There are usually only a few pages of options, so it is easy enough to click through each page and read them (and their associated help). That allows for a much better experience for even novice Azure users.
Inconvénients: I like Azure a lot, but there are definitely some big areas for improvement. The biggest, I think, is a very clear and transparent pricing system. It is very difficult to figure out what a certain addition will do to impact your monthly pricing. You have to guess a bit at what you think will happen and where you think you are at overall to figure out if you can afford to add another resource. That's not the way it should be. The interface leave a lot to be desired as well. They just updated it, but it actually added to the confusion. There are so many boxes and flyouts to navigate, it gets hard to figure out what resources you are already using. I would like to see a very clear "this is what you have" system, especially when new resources can use the existing resources. For example, you can set up a VM to host your websites. Cool. However, that VM is a special one and it is hard to find to configure. Also, it is hard to figure out if it would be ok to add another website to it or not (is it pegged out or is there some wiggle room to add more load?). Like I said, I like Azure. There is just room to make it better.
Publié le 17/09/2019
Can't imagine to run our Business without Azure
It's a wonderful experience using Azure. Being an startup we're able to host and manage a complex Enterprise Level business solution without any server administrator.
We would not have been able to manage our product without Azure.
1. Intuitive and Fast Interface.
2. Everything possible with Azure.
3. Most Reasonable platform.
4. Multiple Technology Stack makes the life easy.
5. Ultimate Performance
6. Great analytics from usage to pricing level.
Inconvénients: Microsoft keep on engineering and inventing the platform periodically. Whatever we think is missing is present in the immediate releases.
Publié le 30/03/2019
Microsoft Azure - Provides us the best cloud experience right now!!!!
Commentaires: We work for health care across the globe , For us it is well suited fpr moving single use servers to the cloud.We were able to quickly replicate some of our servers and move their functionalities to the new azure hosted servers.Core and Advanced ADC functionalities helps us serve us customers better. Supports bigger platforms. We chose Azure as we pay only for what we use, certain applications were used rarely to produce reports but we had to pay a hefty amount. The accessibility of software and flexibility is good. Lot of features we havent explored yet. Good product and we are happy adopting it.
1. Easy integration with other microsoft products. Easy installation and use.
2. It is very user friendly and provides user friendly options for data capture and analysis.
3. Lot of options and variety of capabilities.
4. Market of Azure is growing very rapidly, the PaaS offerings are evolving and rapidly maturing.
5. Supports the current infrastructure of our company.
6. Pay only for the resources strategy helps and support our company in a big way.
7. Security management on microsoft Azure is good.
8. Cloud computing is the best feature and its virtual environment on the market is stand out.
9. Database administration is made simple and easy.
10. Less cost with high performance.
1. Monitoring the spend and billing rates are always are headache.
2.Backup and restoration process take a little bit of time.
3. User interface works slowly on firefox browsers.
4. Support and service center support should be more responsive.